Try 30 days of free premium.

Top Gear: Races?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

BBCA in the U.S. is debuting a new version of Top Gear tomorrow. To avoid getting a rejected submission I need to know from one of our UK experts if this show will air in the UK or if it is really just episodes from "Top Gear"?

No Episode Title Mon 1/189:00pm-10:00pm

NEW

S01, E01

A compilation of the most exciting races that have taken place on the motoring show.

No Episode Title Mon 1/259:00pm-10:00pm

NEW

S01, E02

A compilation of the most exciting races that have taken place on the motoring show.

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

I doubt the episodes airing in the UK, as we are months away from a brand new series of the show with a complete new presenting and behind the scenes team debuting.

TomSouthwell wrote:
I doubt the episodes airing in the UK, as we are months away from a brand new series of the show with a complete new presenting and behind the scenes team debuting.

Thanks very much for your input Tom, your UK knowledge and assistance is always greatly appreciated. I however would like some type of confirmation from a Staff Member since they are the ones that will either APPROVE or REJECT my new show submission please?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Thanks very much for your input Tom, your UK knowledge and assistance is always greatly appreciated. I however would like some type of confirmation from a Staff Member since they are the ones that will either APPROVE or REJECT my new show submission please?

Ron,

Trusted contributors like Tom are allowed to approve or reject shows too, but it is not a new show.

According to newsreports, it is just a two part special airing compilations of season 9-10
BBC America, however, is working with “Top Gear” distributor BBC Worldwide to possibly fill the void with a two-part “Top Gear” special that has yet to air in the U.S. or the U.K. BBC Worldwide is the parent company of BBC America, but last year it struck a deal to sell half of the channel to AMC Networks, which now manages BBC America.

Thomas wrote:
Ron,
Trusted contributors like Tom are allowed to approve or reject shows too, but it is not a new show.
According to newsreports, it is just a two part special airing compilations of season 9-10
BBC America, however, is working with “Top Gear” distributor BBC Worldwide to possibly fill the void with a two-part “Top Gear” special that has yet to air in the U.S. or the U.K. BBC Worldwide is the parent company of BBC America, but last year it struck a deal to sell half of the channel to AMC Networks, which now manages BBC America.

Awesome thank you very much for clearing that up for me. Since it is 2 or more it can still be added here correct?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Awesome thank you very much for clearing that up for me. Since it is 2 or more it can still be added here correct?

It is even listed by BBC america by it's original Top Gear schedule, so therefore would not be added to our db as new series;http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/top-gear/the-races

JAGUARDOG wrote:
OK thanks again!

Just add it as a special I would say though :)

cause according to their description, it's just a special :)

From very early on in Top Gear’s life, the phrase 'we decided to have a race…' has appeared often. It's important work, finding out whether a Bugatti Veyron is faster than a Eurofighter jet, or if a Fiat Panda is faster than a free runner. Some of the races have been brief, and some have been simply epic. In Top Gear: The Races, Matt LeBlanc (Episodes, Friends), who is responsible for one of the fastest celebrity laps ever driven around the infamous Top Gear test track, presents a selection of the greatest and most entertaining races from the past 13 years.

Sneak a peek at the new special below, and don't miss the Top Gear: The Races premiere on Monday, January 18, 9/8c on BBC America.

Thomas wrote:
Just add it as a special I would say though :)

Since I try to stay strickly U.S. I will defer to one of our UK members to add them if you do not mind?

The problem here though is that the uk already aired the final best of episodes featuring Clarkson,May and Hammond. The series was approved way before I had trusted status I believe

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/10033/top-gear-from-a-...

If I now add the BBC America specials to the uk guide, isn't that a double standard, I don't think the Matt Le Blanc episodes will ever air here, as the hype will surely be around the new series now instead and even if I added the US only episodes to the UK guide it would be without air dates

If that's the same show, the one of BBC should not be added as new series nor specials. However if airs only on bbca, I think it should be added as new series then as it is not part of the uk one.

Thomas wrote:
If that's the same show, the one of BBC should not be added as new series nor specials. However if airs only on bbca, I think it should be added as new series then as it is not part of the uk one.

It's definately just a BBC America show

I have requested it be added to the site but I can't guarantee that it will be approved before the 1st episode airs tonight?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I have requested it be added to the site but I can't guarantee that it will be approved before the 1st episode airs tonight?

Yeah, I will do it now :)

Try 30 days of free premium.