Try 30 days of free premium.

Season (1,2. etc) vs Year (2015,2016, etc)

pesky2012 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Why are shows listed here with the year when they obviously are aired by season? This really screws things up when linking to this site. According to official sources and most episode guides, there are very few shows that are aired by year. Some shows here have listings as season and by year. (Dateline NBC has earlier listings as seasons and latest episodes by year)

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

See http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/15/episodes. If a show has official season numbers, they should be used. Only if they don't exist (or if the official season numbers use a year-based scheme) years should be used.

That is good thank you... but how do we fix it? There are lots of shows that need to be changed

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Talk shows & Soaps are usually just using years for example as there's usually no way to determine when a new season is about to start, but you can change years into seasons by simply changing the name 2015 of seasons into 1 or 2 for example.

pesky2012 wrote:
That is good thank you... but how do we fix it? There are lots of shows that need to be changed

If you can post a list of affected shows here, we'll check them out :)

Disregard my post. I thought members could have changed season numbering too, but being corrected by david :)

Can you also post a reference to the official season numbers listed by the networks?

I agree... so will you change the early seasons?

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

pesky2012 wrote:
I agree... so will you change the early seasons?

It's quite complicated to just change the names of the seasons, 'cause the episodes need to be put in the right season and that will give some episode number conflicts, so it's quite a difficult job to just do that, but we'll look after it ;-)

MichaelDeBoey wrote:
It's quite complicated to just change the names of the seasons, 'cause the episodes need to be put in the right season and that will give some episode number conflicts, so it's quite a difficult job to just do that, but we'll look after it ;-)

(Sigh) Yes the episodes need to be put in the right order.... It's a "one or the other" situation, cant / shouldn't have listings as both seasons and years...

It doesn't have to be done one episode at a time... A mass upload can be done using available software...

If you want to preserve the listings as seasons, there are multiple sources that have the info listed as "seasons"... (just as an example--> ( https://www.google.com/search?q=offical+episode+li... )

Worst case scenario ...If you want to keep the data as listed by years then delete the earlier seasons so the remaining data listed by years can be used by sites that link here...

The success of a sites like this depend on the revenues from advertising that come from linking sites...

As I said earlier to the admin David, It can be overwhelming... but how do we fix it? There are lots of shows that need to be changed...

judging by responses like---> "It's quite complicated" and "but we'll look after it ;-)" kinda feels like I'm just being blown off...

It's your site,

you know tvrage is back... right

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

pesky2012 wrote:
Excuses... Then delete them so the remaining data can be used by sites that link here...
Like I said in an above post: "Thank you, but the list will overwhelm you as it has me... Please if there is any way I can be of help , teach me, I'm an open book... "

Relax, I will take care of it tomorrow :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
Relax, I will take care of it tomorrow :)
cheers
Juan

thank you sir

pesky2012 wrote:
(Sigh) Yes the episodes need to be put in the right order.... It's a "one or the other" situation, cant / shouldn't have listings as both seasons and years...
It doesn't have to be done one episode at a time... A mass upload can be done using available software...
If you want to preserve the listings as seasons, there are multiple sources that have the info listed as "seasons"... (just as an example--> ( https://www.google.com/search?q=offical+episode+li... )
Worst case scenario ...If you want to keep the data as listed by years then delete the earlier seasons so the remaining data listed by years can be used by sites that link here...
The success of a sites like this depend on the revenues from advertising that come from linking sites...
As I said earlier to the admin David, It can be overwhelming... but how do we fix it? There are lots of shows that need to be changed...
judging by responses like---> "It's quite complicated" and "but we'll look after it ;-)" kinda feels like I'm just being blown off...
It's your site,

Most of the shows that are wrong are added by using several massive auto-add tools. Sometimes automation isn't that useful and should be looked into manually like it is with Dateline. It's indeed complicated for members and trusted contributors to change as they have not all tools available to them. We always want to change shows that are listed incorrectly, although just remind you that we have our fulltime jobs too, so it might take some time for those major overhauls to be completed. :).

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

pesky2012 wrote:
It's your site,

I didn't want to blow you off, I just wanted to say it's going to take some time to take care of the show that you provided.

But I've allready done some thing in my little spare time I had this evening.
Hope to do a bit more soon.
Juan is also going to look at it tomorrow, so we'll get there eventually.

Like Thomas said, we all have our fulltime jobs (or in my case my fulltime job is school), so it can take some time, but we'll take care of it that's for sure!
We all want the information as correct as possible so... :-)

Check my submissions... I do my part as well..... I know these type errors take time to fix... I offered to help

pesky2012 wrote:
Check my submissions... I do my part as well..... I know these type errors take time to fix... I offered to help

Pointing out those mistakes is already a huge help, I will have a slow day tomorrow at work, so I hopefully get a lot of fixing to be done :)

pesky2012 wrote:

Yes, we know you contribute, no worries about that, but there's a reason we do not allow members to edit everything. That might not need to be the case for you, but it does for several other members :). We appreciate your contributions though!

pesky2012 wrote:

I fixed it as good as I could, we only have episodes listed under years now :)

Try 30 days of free premium.