Try 30 days of free premium.

Show Art and News

akitikkx wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi,

Is it possible to get landscape images for the shows added to the API for the show e.g http://api.tvmaze.com/shows/1788 in addition to the original and medium image options. This is mostly to be used as the show cover image on the show info screen for my app.

Are the images difficult to source? If this is the case then I guess my request might be difficult to be met. I noticed "My Million Dollar invention", a recently added show for example has no art as yet.

I also want to add a news section for TV shows to my app, is there any recommendation of a reliable API data source for this? Either through TvMaze or elsewhere? News for example, ratings for last night's Game of Thrones finale, or shows that have been slated to be renewed/cancelled etc.

Regards,

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi Akitikkx,

We discussed the points you're bringing up internally a while back, but not in much detail.
We'll be discussing this again before giving you difinitive answers.

Give us a moment while we dileberate.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

We could easily add a ./gallery endpoint that returns all images uploaded for a show, together with their type. However, since our site's layout only uses the poster format, there currently isn't a lot of focus on uploading other image formats. So we're definitely open to it, but I'm not sure if it would be super useful already right now.

akitikkx wrote 8 years ago: 1

We could easily add a ./gallery endpoint that returns all images uploaded for a show, together with their type. However, since our site's layout only uses the poster format, there currently isn't a lot of focus on uploading other image formats. So we're definitely open to it, but I'm not sure if it would be super useful already right now.

Hi David and Jan,

Thank you for the responses. It would be a good addition if it could be added to the API.

Regards

Try 30 days of free premium.