Try 30 days of free premium.

Profile stats error?

Brantank wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi,

I've only been using this site for about 2 months and love it. There is an error though; since the majority of my tv watching was done prior the stats do not reflect this. It cites the cw as my most watched network with 16 episodes, when most of my individual watched series are longer than that.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Brantank wrote:
Hi,
I've only been using this site for about 2 months and love it. There is an error though; since the majority of my tv watching was done prior the stats do not reflect this. It cites the cw as my most watched network with 16 episodes, when most of my individual watched series are longer than that.

Have you checked it in different time lapses such as a year/month/week? Or did you perhaps use the button to mark all episodes watched?

Thomas wrote:
Have you checked it in different time lapses such as a year/month/week? Or did you perhaps use the button to mark all episodes watched?

I did marked all episodes watched for most series. Since using the site, I've watched 50 episodes and all stats are based on that, even though I've recorded 3138 episodes watched.

I believe those stats will not work when you marked them all watched at once. It's not a bug, but there's nowhere to know for the system when you watched them.

Thomas wrote:
I believe those stats will not work when you marked them all watched at once. It's not a bug, but there's nowhere to know for the system when you watched them.

So the system can only read episodes I watched 1 by 1?

Also that seems highly impractical for a stats option, don't you think? wouldn't most people do that for shows they binged?

I understand the point you are trying to make, however if you mark several shows as all watched at once with a total runtime of over 24 hours, how would that be possible if a single day consists of just 24 hours as there's no system yet to tell when you've watched it.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Everything on the left panel of the stats screen only applies to the time frame you've chosen: the past week, past month or past year.

Like Thomas said, when you mark episodes as watched in bulk, we don't know when you watched the episodes, so we don't count those towards any timeframe at all. If we did, you'd get really awkward stats, like having watched hundreds of episodes in a single week.

david wrote:
Everything on the left panel of the stats screen only applies to the time frame you've chosen: the past week, past month or past year.
Like Thomas said, when you mark episodes as watched in bulk, we don't know when you watched the episodes, so we don't count those towards any timeframe at all. If we did, you'd get really awkward stats, like having watched hundreds of episodes in a single week.

What about something along the lines of "lifetime" "account total" instead of set times? That way those who want set times receive theirs and those who want account total gets theirs as well.

Thomas wrote:
I understand the point you are trying to make, however if you mark several shows as all watched at once with a total runtime of over 24 hours, how would that be possible if a single day consists of just 24 hours as there's no system yet to tell when you've watched it.

I understand that now. I get that, but what if there was an "account total" stat option? I'm pretty sure most of us have been TV watchers for over a year (the largest current sorting option).

All the numbers on the right hand of the screen apply to your all-time history, like the total time spent watching TV or the amount of shows/episodes watched.

Only your top shows aren't available all-time, but we'll probably add that somewhere in the future. :)

david wrote:
All the numbers on the right hand of the screen apply to your all-time history, like the total time spent watching TV or the amount of shows/episodes watched.
Only your top shows aren't available all-time, but we'll probably add that somewhere in the future. :)

Little confused. As a test I manually added 3 seasons of survivor to see what happens. Now, my results are all screw-y. It makes it seem like I've view 30 hours of content today.

Brantank wrote:

Little confused. As a test I manually added 3 seasons of survivor to see what happens. Now, my results are all screw-y. It makes it seem like I've view 30 hours of content today.

That's why if you marked all watched, we did not add it to that specific stats :)

Thomas wrote:
That's why if you marked all watched, we did not add it to that specific stats :)

I understood that. I guess what I'm asking there was: is it possible to add all the episodes I've ever watched of every TV show in one day? In other words, can I input all 2500 hours of TV for one day?

If you manually mark an episode as watched, it's counted towards the current day.

If you mark episodes as watched in bulk, it's not counted towards any time frame at all; only towards your all-time stats.

If you manually mark hundreds of episodes as watched in a single day, the system detects that you couldn't have possibly watched all those episodes in a single day and automatically moves them out of the statistics for that day/week.

david wrote:
If you manually mark an episode as watched, it's counted towards the current day.
If you mark episodes as watched in bulk, it's not counted towards any time frame at all; only towards your all-time stats.
If you manually mark hundreds of episodes as watched in a single day, the system detects that you couldn't have possibly watched all those episodes in a single day and automatically moves them out of the statistics for that day/week.

Sorry to keep reviving this, but is there anyway to have the pie chart and most watched shows and most watched networks use all the show information on my account? I get that there's no way for the system to know when I watched it, but I'm still curious to see a grand total "most watched tv show/network" and the pie chart. Can I exclude time boarders?

Try 30 days of free premium.