Try 30 days of free premium.

Newsroom Tokyo - Wrong Show

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I submitted this show "Newsroom Tokyo" late last night but whoever approved it changed it from what I submitted. I submitted the U.S. version of this show that airs on "WORLD" in the U.S. not "NHK World" that is 2 different Networks in 2 different countries. I even provided the TVRage ID# to the U.S. version which is #51688.

The U.S. version began on 20 March 2015

The Japan version here shows it began on 4 January 2016

I may have provided the wrong description/summary however all the other information I provided is for the U.S. version not the Japan version why was it not approved the way I submitted it?

JAPAN - NHK World is the international broadcasting service of NHK (Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai - Japan Broadcasting Corporation), Japan's public broadcaster. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHK_World

U.S. - World (previously PBS World) is a United States over-the-air digital subchannel showing public TV non-fiction, science, nature, news, public affairs and documentaries. It is contributed to by the Public Broadcasting Service, WGBH-TV, WNET, and NETA and administered by American Public Television. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_(TV_channel)

There is a different in the 2 Networks as you can see can you please correct the invalid changes that were made?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I submitted this show "Newsroom Tokyo" late last night but whoever approved it changed it from what I submitted. I submitted the U.S. version of this show that airs on "WORLD" in the U.S. not "NHK World" that is 2 different Networks in 2 different countries. I even provided the TVRage ID# to the U.S. version which is #51688.
The U.S. version began on 20 March 2015
The Japan version here shows it began on 4 January 2016
I may have provided the wrong description/summary however all the other information I provided is for the U.S. version not the Japan version why was it not approved the way I submitted it?
JAPAN - NHK World is the international broadcasting service of NHK (Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai - Japan Broadcasting Corporation), Japan's public broadcaster. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHK_World

U.S. - World (previously PBS World) is a United States over-the-air digital subchannel showing public TV non-fiction, science, nature, news, public affairs and documentaries. It is contributed to by the Public Broadcasting Service, WGBH-TV, WNET, and NETA and administered by American Public Television. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_(TV_channel)

There is a different in the 2 Networks as you can see can you please correct the invalid changes that were made?

I think the easiest way is , that we let the one we have stay and you submit the US one again, then we got both shows :)

JuanArango wrote:

I think the easiest way is , that we let the one we have stay and you submit the US one again, then we got both shows :)

OK, I just now resubmitted please remove the TV Rage ID # off of the wrong one as I can't use it again on this correct one #51688

Oh and if you could ask the person who approved my submission to either Approve or Disapprove submissions only in the future not add or change please that would help out greatly?

Just like someone changed my submission on "True Crime with Aphrodite Jones" from Running to To Be Determined as the new season began yesterday, 2 May! Also it no longer airs on Sunday!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
OK, I just now resubmitted please remove the TV Rage ID # off of the wrong one as I can't use it again on this correct one #51688
Oh and if you could ask the person who approved my submission to either Approve or Disapprove submissions only in the future not add or change please that would help out greatly?

Tvrage iD has been removed :) I think he simply thought you meant the japanese show :P

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Just like someone changed my submission on "True Crime with Aphrodite Jones" from Running to To Be Determined as the new season began yesterday, 2 May! Also it no longer airs on Sunday!

The importer does that sometimes :(

JuanArango wrote:

Tvrage iD has been removed :) I think he simply thought you meant the japanese show :P

It's nice you want to make an excuse for that person but the only way they could think that is by changing the Network I had selected from the U.S. list of World to NHK World from the Japan list. If I had meant Japan I would have scrolled way down to Japan besides the episode dates and titles had to be added in from somewhere possibly from tvdb.com no clue where but I only provided the 1 ID # from Rage because I wanted their U.S. version of the show!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
It's nice you want to make an excuse for that person but the only way they could think that is by changing the Network I had selected from the U.S. list of World to NHK World from the Japan list. If I had meant Japan I would have scrolled way down to Japan besides the episode dates and titles had to be added in from somewhere possibly from tvdb.com no clue where but I only provided the 1 ID # from Rage because I wanted their U.S. version of the show!

Ron, such mistakes happen and it is fixed now, so all is good :)

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Newsroom Tokyo is a show of NHK World and not of World (PBS). It bought some rights on World to air their program, but it is part of NHK World.

The official link you gave me clearly indicates it is part of NHK World either; http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/newsroomtokyo.

I have deleted the show from World (PBS) as I am 100% positive that it is not premiering on World. TVrage simply got it listed wrongly.

Try 30 days of free premium.