Try 30 days of free premium.

Duplicate shows

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

To everyone who is adding new shows to tvmaze, please always look if the show is already here before adding it.

That way we can avoid duplicate work. I deleted two shows today that were twice on tvmaze.

No biggie tho, I kept the show that had more and better information :)

cheers
Juan

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

To everyone who is adding new shows to tvmaze, please always look if the show is already here before adding it.
That way we can avoid duplicate work. I deleted two shows today that were twice on tvmaze.
No biggie tho, I kept the show that had more and better information :)
cheers
Juan

I have been noticing many duplicates of persons and series too lately

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Deleting the one with less information is what I always do then :)

Same here and add an AKA in case in needed :)

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Tom that is a great point you mention about adding Aka's to people to try and help avoid duplicates. I have not tried it but does it work the same way for TV shows as well? The reason I ask is two fold, 1st I would personally like to know and secondly since AKA's on TV shows don't show on their show page like AKA's do on people show pages I wonder if it will still search for aka's?

Also why I am on this subject of Show AKA's why is it okay to display AKA's on the show pages of people but not show it as well on the show pages of TV shows? I know it's not because there could be too many because that is very doubtful especially if you compare it to some people that have multiple AKA's? I also certainly hope it is not because "it would look too messy" because that excuse is used way too much especially if you compare shows that may have 2 to 5 AKA's to pro wrestlers who have between 5 and 20? I know about wrestlers having a ton of AKA's as I have followed wrestling for 50 + years.

Tom that is a great point you mention about adding Aka's to people to try and help avoid duplicates. I have not tried it but does it work the same way for TV shows as well? The reason I ask is two fold, 1st I would personally like to know and secondly since AKA's on TV shows don't show on their show page like AKA's do on people show pages I wonder if it will still search for aka's?
Also why I am on this subject of Show AKA's why is it okay to display AKA's on the show pages of people but not show it as well on the show pages of TV shows? I know it's not because there could be too many because that is very doubtful especially if you compare it to some people that have multiple AKA's? I also certainly hope it is not because "it would look too messy" because that excuse is used way too much especially if you compare shows that may have 2 to 5 AKA's to pro wrestlers who have between 5 and 20? I know about wrestlers having a ton of AKA's as I have followed wrestling for 50 + years.

Hi Ron,

It works the same way as it does with people Ron. Once a show has several names and you'll be searching with the American name instead of the Original, it will be appearing in your search if the AKA has been added to that show

Try 30 days of free premium.