Try 30 days of free premium.

Pokémon - New series on a New Network

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

F.Y.I.

I just found a lot of invalid episodes listed on "Pokémon the Series: XY" on the Cartoon Network and they also had wrong air times. Those episodes belong to this new series "Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon" that will begin airing on Disney XD and air Mondays at 19:00. I just now submitted this new show to be added to the site but I wanted to warn the person who added those episodes and changed the airtimes or anyone else that may come by to do it again to please not do that.

Let me explain further - Pokémon the Series: XY will air the remaining episodes of the series through the month of December on Saturday Mornings at 07:00

Beginning tomorrow, 5 December the Pokémon franchise will begin airing exclusively in the U.S. on Disney XD. The new series "Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon" and air new episodes at 19:00 (7PM) on Monday nights.

Both shows will air on the 2 Networks the entire month of December then any and all new Pokémon series' will only air on Disney XD.

NOTE TO STAFF: Some sites indicate this series is Season 20 of "Pokémon the Series: XY" but since it has a new name and new Network I had it added as a New show besides the site can't have the same show air on 2 different Networks at the same time on Cartoon network and Disney XD. If you feel this was a mistake and those episodes should be added into Season 20 that's fine but there is no way to have the same show have episodes from 2 different Seasons on 2 different Networks in the same month unless you know a trick on how that can be accomplished?

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
F.Y.I.
I just found a lot of invalid episodes listed on "Pokémon the Series: XY" on the Cartoon Network and they also had wrong air times. Those episodes belong to this new series "Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon" that will begin airing on Disney XD and air Mondays at 19:00. I just now submitted this new show to be added to the site but I wanted to warn the person who added those episodes and changed the airtimes or anyone else that may come by to do it again to please not do that.
Let me explain further - Pokémon the Series: XY will air the remaining episodes of the series through the month of December on Saturday Mornings at 07:00
Beginning tomorrow, 5 December the Pokémon franchise will begin airing exclusively in the U.S. on Disney XD. The new series "Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon" and air new episodes at 19:00 (7PM) on Monday nights.
Both shows will air on the 2 Networks the entire month of December then any and all new Pokémon series' will only air on Disney XD.

NOTE TO STAFF: Some sites indicate this series is Season 20 of "Pokémon the Series: XY" but since it has a new name and new Network I had it added as a New show besides the site can't have the same show air on 2 different Networks at the same time on Cartoon network and Disney XD. If you feel this was a mistake and those episodes should be added into Season 20 that's fine but there is no way to have the same show have episodes from 2 different Seasons on 2 different Networks in the same month unless you know a trick on how that can be accomplished?

A new show is fine in case Disney XD refers to it as a new show and names it season 1, if they should name it season 20, we need to add it to the already running show :)

cheers
Juan

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

From what I can read it is the 20th season of Pokemon the Series, just swapped channels and every season has a different name.

Thomas wrote:
From what I can read it is the 20th season of Pokemon the Series, just swapped channels and every season has a different name.

That's exactly what I said, however since both are airing in December we can't make it Season 20 until Season 19 finishes airing on 30 December over on Cartoon Network. Once it finishes if you guys want to then transfer those Season 20 Episodes over to the original show and Delete this one then that's fine?

horizon wrote 7 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

so can i add new episodes Sun & Moon as season 20 of Pokémon the Series: XY?

Here is how it is:

Cartoon Network Season 19

10 Dec Rocking Kalos Defenses! 7AM

17 Dec Forming A More Perfect Union! 7AM

24 Dec Battling With A Clean Slate! 7AM

31 Dec The First Day of the Rest of Your Life! 7AM

Disney XD Season 20

5 Dec Alola to New Adventure! 7PM

5 Dec The Guardian's Challenge! 7:30PM

Do you now see the problem you created?

OK, Sherlock what you gonna do? Who you gonna call not the Ghostbusters?

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:

That's exactly what I said, however since both are airing in December we can't make it Season 20 until Season 19 finishes airing on 30 December over on Cartoon Network. Once it finishes if you guys want to then transfer those Season 20 Episodes over to the original show and Delete this one then that's fine?

So if I'm understanding correctly:

Pokémon the Series: XY which airs on Cartoon Network is series 19 and ends 30th December.

Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon which airs on Disney XD would (if going by continuation) be series 20 and starts 5th December.

These two dates overlap and as TVMaze mandates all episodes must be by air date it's not possible to list all of season 19 then all of season 20.

This is essentially two separate arcs (storylines) airing in the same period rather than sequentially (which I've only seen a few times before).

The solution which JAGUARDOG is alluding to is that it should be treated as a separate show so that the order doesn't conflict.

gazza911 wrote:
So if I'm understanding correctly:
Pokémon the Series: XY which airs on Cartoon Network is series 19 and ends 30th December.
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon which airs on Disney XD would (if going by continuation) be series 20 and airs starting 5th December.
These two dates overlap and as TVMaze mandates all episodes must be by air date it's not possible to list all of season 19 then all of season 20.
This is essentially two separate arcs (storylines) airing in the same period rather than sequentially (which I've only seen a few times before).

The solution which JAGUARDOG is alluding to is that it should be treated as a separate show so that the episode numbering doesn't conflict.

Thank you very much you are 100% correct I appreciate you sounding in! Now if they want to try to figure something out better after the last episode airs on 31 December on the Cartoon Network then they can do that!

Now the 2 New Episodes I added in to the new season on Disney XD that air tonight at 19:00 & 19:30 no longer show up on the schedule how you gonna fix that?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Now the 2 New Episodes I added in to the new season on Disney XD that air tonight at 19:00 & 19:30 no longer show up on the schedule how you gonna fix that?

On top of that Ron, but Disney XD doesn't have the premiere of Season 20 anyway. It's been airing in the UK and Japan already a few weeks ago.

JAGUARDOG wrote:

Looks like I replied a little late, anyway...

It's a case of right now it's just not possible to have it 100% meet the policy and so a decision needs to be made.

I think now would be a good time for a policy on simultaneously airing seasons/arcs for the same underlying show.

Thomas wrote:

On top of that Ron, but Disney XD doesn't have the premiere of Season 20 anyway. It's been airing in the UK and Japan already a few weeks ago.

I don't know where you got your mis-information from but It is airing tonight in the U.S. on Disney XD right after this 2-Hour Pokémon Movie that is airing right now!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I don't know where you got your mis-information from but It is airing tonight in the U.S. on Disney XD right after this 2-Hour Pokémon Movie that is airing right now!

He's not saying that it's not airing tonight on Disney XD, just that it's not the premiere.

Though on a second look it appears that the entirety of Pokémon the Series: XY is actually incorrect as it premiered on TV Tokyo in Japan.

yeah and season 20 of Pokemon airs 2 sneak peaks (not the start of a new series) - I will convert this database to the JApanese airing dates as of now and upcoming days

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

Yep, this is key. I'm not sure why we currently list the show as US, as it appears a Japanese show with all of the episodes premiering in Japan before they're dubbed and aired in the US.

Having the original Japanese airdates would also solve the problem Jaguardog addressed, as the original network doesn't appear to air two seasons/arcs simultaneously.

david wrote:
Yep, this is key. I'm not sure why we currently list the show as US, as it appears a Japanese show with all of the episodes premiering in Japan before they're dubbed and aired in the US.
Having the original Japanese airdates would also solve the problem Jaguardog addressed, as the original network doesn't appear to air two seasons/arcs simultaneously.

Thank you very much for clearing that up sir.

Im currently in a project to change all the show to Japanese airing dates. It may take me some days, so please stay away for a moment of it. thanks!

Try 30 days of free premium.