Try 30 days of free premium.

Dark Interface with Stylish

srob650 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Updated: Credits, Guidelines, Insert Link

To update, open the Stylish extension and find TV Maze Dark, then click check for updates.

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi srob650.

Not bad at all. :)
Will you be offering support/updates for your theme when we release new functionality on the site?

cheers,

Jan

Jan wrote:
Hi srob650.
Not bad at all. :)
Will you be offering support/updates for your theme when we release new functionality on the site?

cheers,
Jan

I plan to use this site for a long time, so yes I intend to keep the dark theme up to date :)

Updated: Calendar (today highlight), Calendar (hover highlight), Calendar (watched highlight).

To update, open the Stylish extension and find TV Maze Dark, then click check for updates, then install update.

johncymru wrote 8 years ago: 1

srob650, big big thanks. I'm also new to this site and the one thing missing was a dark theme as light displays plays havoc with my eyes after a while so your dark and light grey theme is perfect. Even the Calendar is much easier to read now. FYI, anybody using the latest version of Opera and who don't know, this theme and Stylish works on it with no problem, or at least this theme does as I haven't tried any of the Stylish themes for other sites yet.

Just noticed one minor issue. If you click the Reply button to someone's post, as I did originally to your OP, the text of both the person you are replying to and any you enter in the reply is in a grey that is only a few percentage points different to the background, i.e. almost invisible apart from the name of the person you are replying to which is a Hyperlink and in Blue. Thankfully, it can be seen without struggling if you highlight the text when it becomes White on Blue. So not a deal killer :) as I still prefer doing that for the odd time I will use the Reply button and keep your Dark theme. Though perhaps it is an Opera only thing as I noticed you replied to Jan upthread and assumed you would have seen it, unless you copy/pasted Jan's post into yours.

John,

Glad you're getting good use out of the style! Thanks for the data point on Opera, good to know.

I actually hadn't noticed the reply issue, not sure how I avoided it above with Jan's reply (perhaps I replied from my phone), but I will fix that soon and post here when it's updated.

johncymru wrote:
Just noticed one minor issue. If you click the Reply button to someone's post, as I did originally to your OP, the text of both the person you are replying to and any you enter in the reply is in a grey that is only a few percentage points different to the background, i.e. almost invisible

Fixed.

Awesome, thanks Jan!

johncymru wrote 8 years ago: 1

srob650 wrote:
Fixed.

Just downloaded and tested your latest update on Opera and the contrast between the text and the background when you use the reply button is pretty much perfect for me. So thanks muchly, it is really appreciated as it is a much easier theme on my eyes.

johncymru wrote:
Just downloaded and tested your latest update on Opera and the contrast between the text and the background when you use the reply button is pretty much perfect for me. So thanks muchly, it is really appreciated as it is a much easier theme on my eyes.

Awesome :)

Updated: Darkened background of the "Starring" section when doing a show search.

To update, open the Stylish extension and find TV Maze Dark, then click check for updates, then install update.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

srob650 wrote:
Updated: Darkened background of the "Starring" section when doing a show search.

Really like what you are doing :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
Really like what you are doing :)

Thanks Juan!

SongsAboutMusic wrote 8 years ago: 1

Any plans to make this available for native Android browsers?

Also, don't I know you guys from the Matrix?

Hi MarioBrothers,

It looks like there is a Stylish add-on for both Firefox Mobile and Dolphin Browser on Android, nothing for Chrome that I found. I agree, I'd love to have it on my phone but I'm not sure how it would be achieved in Chrome.

tonyrulez wrote 8 years ago: 1

srob650, thank you for the code! One little thing that I would change is the progress bar on the watchlist page. With the current userstyle, it looks like this: Progress bar My personal problem is, that its the opposite of dark :) I mean everything I see is dark, and then BAM, an illuminating white line across the screen, and again, and again...

So, I would like to change the white background color to something darker, or even the same as the page's color. I installed it in Tampermonkey, and tried to locate where the color code of this is, but I couldn't find it. In which line of the code can I change the color?

Thanks!

That color is unchanged, so you won't find it in the code. I'll fix this soon and post an update :)

tonyrulez wrote 8 years ago: 1

OK, thank you :)

Try 30 days of free premium.