Try 30 days of free premium.

Monthly Calendar not working in IE11.0

pacific_voyager wrote 6 years ago: 1

Page not rendering correctly on my IE 11.0 browser. All Days are shown in a single column of the calendar table.

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

Try making your browser window slightly wider. The calendar is responsive, so for very small screen sizes the layout changes. Usually that only happens on mobile or tablet, but it can also happen if your window's very small.

That is not t he problem. I always have my browser is at full screen. This is something new. The calendar looks fine in Chrome, but my version of IE11/Windows 7 has stopped displaying the page correctly, as if a stylesheet did not load properly.

The version of WIndows Internet Explorer I am currently using was last updated in April and this error appeared only a couple of weeks ago. So, I think it is a bug in your software.

david wrote 6 years ago: 1

If anyone else is using IE11, please let us know how it looks for you.

Jan wrote 6 years ago: 1

Hi pacific_voyager,

We'll be looking into this issue in March. Thank you for reporting it. Should you notice any other issues, don't hesitate to let us know.

markus wrote 6 years ago: 1

Jan wrote:
We'll be looking into this issue in March.

Are you by any chance throwing X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge at IE browsers?
If so: Something changed in IE with the last update, breaking Edge mode for some stuff.
What exactly "some stuff" is I unfortunately don't know (possibly jQuery related), but this might still save you a few minutes of debugging.
If you ever find out, it would be nice if you could post the details here ;)

This might be a clue. I rolled back my Win7 to a previous restore point to solve another problem. The issue with tvmaze Calendar went away. Today I re-updated Win 7 to latest updates and the problem is back. It might be an issue with Windows.

Hi Pacific, thanks for reporting your findings. If you notice anything else worth mentioning let us know. We'll be looking into this soon.

bungle wrote 6 years ago: 1

hmm weird, when I resize my window nothing changes.

also can confirm I have not updated anything since yesterday when it was working. :/

We have identified that the cause for the layout issues were due to security updates pushed by Microsoft.

Everything works correctly until update version 11.0.51

I've made changes that should resolve this issue. In case anyone finds any other broken layout elements in the coming week related to IE11 please report them here.

cheers,

Jan

BClyde wrote 6 years ago: 1

the layout of most pages is back to normal for me except the calendar whigh still looks funky with every day laid down as a list.

yup calendar still not fixed for me either..

i noticed also that on some galleries the photos appear so small I'm barely able to click on one. https://imgur.com/a/oQF7r

and on the shows page if the titles are quite long the end gets cut off the grid, as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/AXMxX

that's all for now but if I notice anything else i'll post back. ;)

Hi guys, thanks for reporting.

The issue was fixed on our staging environment and looked fine here as well until a certain point.

We'll have another look to get this fixed. But if it takes toomuch effort it could be we'll simply not support IE11 any longer and advise users to upgrade to edge.

Hi guys,

Internet Explorer 11 was having two issues. The second one has been resolved as well.
It could be that your browser will need a hard refresh to clear the cache.

@pacific_voyager, thank you for reporting this issue early on. And everyone else for status reports. This issue was impacting a significant portion of TVmaze users.

Don't hesitate to report any additional issues you might find.

Thanks,

Jan

BClyde wrote 6 years ago: 1

Fix confirmed. Thanks very much guys, good job as always!

Thanks for confirming @BClyde.

yup whatever you guys did it fixed it. good work! :D

Try 30 days of free premium.