Try 30 days of free premium.

A more clear visible way to show a series you want to avoid.

TRIspaceEVA wrote 5 years ago: 1

I find this site quite useful in keeping track of my viewing of a series. The one area i'm feeling lacking so far is when i judge a series "dropped" and don't want to watch it anymore for there to be a clear visible indicator of this. Just following/unfollow isn't enough because you might not have come across that series yet or it's been a while and you don't remember, for those who watch a lot of series it can be difficult to keep track of what you've watched a year ago for example. You could say mark "skipped" of the first few episodes but then you would have to go into the episode list and check this just to find out which isn't very practical. If there was a way to mark a series to where it comes up in a search or shows list like being greyed out or a red x across it so you can easily and quickly keep track of what you want to avoid for future reference.

Using say the new series "The Neighborhood" as an example, i'm dropping this series and theoretically with what i have in mind i mark something on the series page as "dropped" or similar and then each time the series is displayed in the future, if it be through search or from the list of shows there would be a clear visible marker that shows i've chosen to drop this series and want to avoid it. If this could be looked into it's appreciated. Thanks.

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

It doesn't provide 100% of what you're asking for, but are you aware of tags? https://www.tvmaze.com/blogs/36/tv-show-tags-update

You could create a tag "Dropped" and assign it to all these shows; then when you open the show page it would pretty clearly show the "Dropped" label top-right on the page.

david wrote:
It doesn't provide 100% of what you're asking for, but are you aware of tags? https://www.tvmaze.com/blogs/36/tv-show-tags-update

You could create a tag "Dropped" and assign it to all these shows; then when you open the show page it would pretty clearly show the "Dropped" label top-right on the page.

Hmmm. It doesn't sound quite like what i was looking for as you stated but i'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Any chance of still looking into a more visible all-around indicator of this. If i brought up the shows list and the shows i didn't want to see was somehow marked like the picture that represents the show in the shows list being greyed out or something it would be helpful. The dropped tag idea could be a workaround for now though. I tried testing it out with a "cancelled" tag and it didn't seem to be that visible like in the shows list and so i'm not sure it quite does what i'm hoping for unless i haven't figured out it's full functionality.

Jan wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yes it could be that at some point we look into having shows you're not interested in greyed out.

Jan wrote:
Yes it could be that at some point we look into having shows you're not interested in greyed out.

Excellent.

I was thinking maybe it could be be a different heart as an indicator if the greyed out thing ended up not being a viable option. Just as another thing to think about.

Looking here at an example

https://i.imgur.com/420TKE5.jpg

Seen here, there's an easy and clear way to indicate which shows you're currently interested in with the yellow heart representing "following" and then there's the neutral white heart representing that you're not following the series. The "neutral/unfollowed" white heart sort of clash in both taking up the same space. Introducing a third option could be a way to go, a red heart for example indicating that you followed and then unfollowed a series representing dropped or cancelled. That would give the user a complete clear and visible indication to reference.

You're browsing through the shows... and can immediately determine that yellow heart = following that series, white heart = neutral or undecided on series, and a red heart (or grey or whatever) = unfollowed and now avoiding series. I think that would make things as clear as could be with efficiency.

After looking at it i have found something that works for now which could be alternative to this.... in using the rating star. Looking at that picture for a reference if you don't give the show a rating it stays white and if you rate it then the star becomes yellow similar to the following system. So, if you make sure to give a rating then you can kind of do a similar thing in that shows you don't have followed + having a yellow star indicates shows that you have followed and then unfollowed, and shows you don't have followed + a white star indicates neutrality in either not watched yet or undecided. The problem here comes in with already rating a bunch of shows without being of mind using this system. if there was a way to reset your ratings and start over fresh that might be helpful as then you can start fresh using that system as a way of indicating clearly using this particular system. It's a bit less reliable and less of an immediate indicator but it could also work if being able to reset all your ratings and starting over intending to use that particular system.

Try 30 days of free premium.