Try 30 days of free premium.

Prime Time U.S. Show I need information on please?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

If anyone needs any type of information on a prime time TV show or shows in the U.S. that aired between 1946 and 2006 then please submit your request in this thread for me please. I have a book that is set up alphabetically by show name that gives me the Network or Networks a show aired on the night of the week it air the time it aired and the length of the episodes. It also lists the 1st Episode date and the final Episode date on most shows. It also lists the names of the stars in the main cast and in most cases their character names as well. Also include is the type of show it was like Variety, Comedy, Drama, Western etc. as well as a summary of the series. If a show moved from one night to another or one time period to another or both then I will provide the very last Network it aired on, the last day of the week it aired on and the time period it last aired in?

I see a very disturbing trend here and I do not know if David or Jan approve of this or not? I have seen a huge increase of what I call "shell" shows here by both Staff and members. Shell shows are when someone adds the show itself or adds the show and episodes nothing else and move on to the next one. Are you hoping someone will come along someday and add in the missing information? Sometimes it is the cast members that are missing or the show summary or both but the information is available somewhere. Cast can be found almost anywhere on the internet even for shows ended many years ago. Show summaries can be found at futoncritic.com, tvtango.com, zap2it.com, tvguide.com and many other places if it no longer has a Show site setup and it no longer can be found on the Network it aired on site.

My last resort for getting summaries is from thetvdb.com apparently some members either are not aware of this site or do not know they have great summaries in a lot of cases for active and long gone shows both? They also have Foreing show summaries that can easily be translated into English. In the last 2 weeks I have added show photos, cast and show summaries to over 20 different shows added for the U.S. and had no problem finding most of the missing information very quickly. Just today I added in a Show summary, 5 Cast members and the day of the week the show was airing and the time it aired and the length of the episodes. It took me about 15 to 20 minutes total to add these things to a show that a member added 3 days ago. A very experienced member who spent years over at tvrage mind you so why was all of that stuff left blank? Were they too lazy to bother or did they not know all of the information was in 1 place at thetvdb.com or did they add the shell and was planning to return to add in everything else. Well if they were planning on returning I would think the next day would be the day to add in missing stuff so I assume that is not the case? Are you hoping someone else will come along and add in all of the missing information like I just did?

Is the current purpose of the site to add as many shows as possible as a "shell" and worry about someone adding in missing information a year or so later on? I really don't understand this trend of add a "shell" and move on to add another is it a race to see if you can add more shows on the site then someone else?

If you need information and can't find it I will gladly look the show up for you in my book? I have personally been using it a lot the past 2 weeks on cancelled U.S. shows. David or Jan please what is your take on adding "shell" shows?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I see a very disturbing trend here and I do not know if David or Jan approve of this or not?

For many "In Development" shows simply is not much information available, and if i have to import 50 requested shows, i simply cannot look for so much more information on them. Also for some of the shows there simply not much info.

The foreign shows (Russian, Polish, Korean, Japanese) we have some dedicated users here filling in lots of information.

And as I said before Ron, the day only has 24 hours and I cannot spent all of them on tvmaze :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
For many "In Development" shows simply is not much information available, and if i have to import 50 requested shows, i simply cannot look for so much more information on them. Also for some of the shows there simply not much info.
The foreign shows (Russian, Polish, Korean, Japanese) we have some dedicated users here filling in lots of information.
And as I said before Ron, the day only has 24 hours and I cannot spent all of them on tvmaze :)
cheers
Juan

I know shows in Development have hardly nothing if anything at all. I should have said the vast majority of shows that are left as "shells" are shows that have ended and a lot of currently active shows as well!

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I know shows in Development have hardly nothing if anything at all. I should have said the vast majority of shows that are left as "shells" are shows that have ended and a lot of currently active shows as well!

As i said, we can only do what we can do :)

Main priority is running primetime shows and those are filled greatly with lots of information, For smaller shows, we or some users will fill in information when there is time left.

There is also stuff to do that a user does not see at first, for example i went thru "to be determind" scripted shows today and updated some to ended or running, this also is very time consuming :)

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yep. We obviously want the information to be as complete as possible, but it's better to have only the basic information about a show than not having it at all. Once a show exists, any user can add information to it to make it more complete :)

Try 30 days of free premium.