Try 30 days of free premium.

Kodi data provision - Issues

markus wrote 4 years ago: 1

As TVmaze now provides data to Kodi, there will be a few bugs to iron out.
I obviously made the switch as soon as I heard :)
Here's the first two problems I found around images.

TV Show Posters:
Not sure which poster currently gets transferred in first position, but it's often not the one I would have expected.
Listing the one that's used as the main show image on the page would be a good start.

TV Show Logos:
All logos currently on TVmaze (Show Image Type: Typography) are junk :(
There were converted to JPG during upload but absolutely have to be PNG with transparency to be usable.
The upload needs to be changed to not convert and only allow PNG.

Feel free to use this thread to track all issues around Kodi, probably best to have it all in one place.

Jan wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

To answer the part about the logo's. We talked about it during development and understand that the current jpg format is less than optimal. We need to make some changes in the backend still and didn't want to postpone the addon. We're storing the original png uploads and will be able to provide various png sizes in the future.

We'll look into the show poster point.

candleman wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'm getting an error messege on some of the shows I have in my list and Kodi can't find them or it gives me some random show like Catfish or Talent Show Wars . When I look for the shows in my list on tvmaze site I find them but kodi can't . I've tried adding the year and renumbering episodes.

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

candleman wrote:
I'm getting an error messege on some of the shows I have in my list and Kodi can't find them or it gives me some random show like Catfish or Talent Show Wars . When I look for the shows in my list on tvmaze site I find them but kodi can't . I've tried adding the year and renumbering episodes.

Can you give a couple of examples of the shows that can't be found?

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

There's still some fixes that have been made to the syncing which haven't been released yet.

As for it picking up other shows, if you right click the incorrect ones, go to Information and click the refresh button you'll be able to specify what show it is.

Generally this will happen if your folder name was too generic or ambiguous.

candleman wrote 4 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Can you give a couple of examples of the shows that can't be found?

Alot of them are old show like Gimme a Break (1981), He-man (1983), and Silverhawks (1986). The more recent shows are Static Shock (2000), Noah's Arc (2005), and Styling Hollywood (2019).

candleman wrote:
Alot of them are old show like Gimme a Break (1981), He-man (1983), and Silverhawks (1986). The more recent shows are Static Shock (2000), Noah's Arc (2005), and Styling Hollywood (2019).

There's a known issue where shows with no rating can't be synced properly. That is why it will more likely happen on older shows that will have less votes.

The code for this has already been fixed, however it hasn't been released yet, which Roman (the author of the add-on) is in charge of.

For ones that can be synced but it's just not identifying the correct show, you can right click the folder in Kodi, click 'Information' and click 'Refresh'.

Proceeding, you'll be able to manually enter in the show name (default is the folder name). Generally this will occur if you just use acronyms for folders, rather than the full name or if there's multiple shows with the same name

All logged issues have been fixed and the next version (v1.0.1) was released today.

If it doesn't auto-update, you can go to:

Add-ons --> My add-ons --> Information Providers --> TV Information --> Click TVmaze --> Update

Try 30 days of free premium.