Try 30 days of free premium.

The Daily Show (with Trevor Noah) - which season is it, anyway?!

hweigel wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi Guys,

for whatever reason you're showing TDS as being in season 1, whereas other sites (i.e. TheTVDB, IMDB) continue the initial season count, setting the start of Trevor Noahs tenure at 21x01.

Cheers

Helmut

P.S.: Love your site, looking forward to seeing it grow and prosper!

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

21 is the correct season for daily show if you don't take into account the host. Stewart was the second one. For Comedy central, it's a continuation.

If you had late show with david letterman now it's Colbert, you go on season. But if you create a specific show page for colbert, then it's first season (or year).

Then, you have to rethink everything and check every show of that type to make sure, no duplicates has been created or that all the shows with different hosts have been created. I'd go with former, because it's simpler ? But that's me and because i consider Noah as a third host.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

hweigel wrote:
Hi Guys,
for whatever reason you're showing TDS as being in season 1, whereas other sites (i.e. TheTVDB, IMDB) continue the initial season count, setting the start of Trevor Noahs tenure at 21x01.
Cheers
Helmut
P.S.: Love your site, looking forward to seeing it grow and prosper!

As Tonks said, this is a delicate matter, we decided to make a new showpage when a new host takes over a daily show. I think both ways work out, but we had to make a decision and the majority of our staff was for making a new show when a new host takes over :)

And thanks for your kind words.

cheers
Juan

hweigel wrote 8 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
As Tonks said, this is a delicate matter, we decided to make a new showpage when a new host takes over a daily show. I think both ways work out, but we had to make a decision and the majority of our staff was for making a new show when a new host takes over :)
And thanks for your kind words.
cheers
Juan

Well, your site, your rules. Anyhoot, thx for the clarification.

Other than that, keep being awsome guys!

Helmut

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah, these are complicated matters because it's not 100% clear what the official stance is.

But it mostly appears like CC itself considers them two separate shows: http://www.cc.com/shows/the-daily-show-with-jon-st... (".. with Jon Stewart") and http://www.cc.com/shows/the-daily-show-with-trevor... (".. with Trevor Noah"): different pages with different titles.

In general I think splitting up such a show when the host changes is the most clear. It's what we - and most other sites - have done in other cases as well: http://www.tvmaze.com/search?q=tonight+show

I'm working on a system where show-level policy decisions like these can be made clear to people who want to contribute. :)

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

I wonder if it would be the same treatement for survivor or bachelor etc where while the host is super important (the day Probst stops being host of survivor, i think i'll be devastated) it's not primordial. I don't think the voice has changed pages every time the jury has slighty differed and we're at season 9 right now for FOX, for example.

Oh funny, idmb doesn't do it for daily show but they do for the late show (letterman/colbert) so they're not even consistent in their policy. Or there is a reason behind it.

When they stream episodes, it's always with "daily show with john stewart or trevor noah now or late show with stephen colbert with the name of the main guest, same goes for the others as well .

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Tonks wrote:
I wonder if it would be the same treatement for survivor or bachelor etc where while the host is super important (the day Probst stops being host of survivor, i think i'll be devastated) it's not primordial. I don't think the voice has changed pages every time the jury has slighty differed and we're at season 9 right now for FOX, for example.
Oh funny, idmb doesn't do it for daily show but they do for the late show (letterman/colbert) so they're not even consistent in their policy. Or there is a reason behind it.
When they stream episodes, it's always with "daily show with john stewart or trevor noah now or late show with stephen colbert with the name of the main guest, same goes for the others as well .

Yeh it is pretty complicated, but we only do it for the daily / late night talk shows here, the rest we leave untouched.

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Well, for shows like Survivor the network formally announces a season number. In that case it's easy to determine it's a continuation of the existing show.

Daily shows where no official listings are provided are the ones up for interpretation. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.