Try 30 days of free premium.

Forward date arrow in weekly calender does not work in certain circumstances

Janner wrote 4 years ago: 1

If I have my calender in preferences start on a Sunday rather than a Monday, on the weekly calender the forward (>>) arrow does not work.  I can go backwards and backwards, but if I try to go forwards nothing happens.

If however, I change my preferences to start on a Monday, the (>>) arrow works without any problems.

I removed my reply as well. :) No.  I see it from Monday to Sunday (I have my local timezone set to UK).  If I have my calender to start on a Monday then the weely calender starts on a Tuesday for me.

I realise this must seem confusing, but I am just trying to tweak my settings so that the weekly calender shows from Monday to Sunday.  If I want my timezone for programs set to local timezone, then I have to set the calender in preferences to start on a Sunday.  

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

@Janner wrote:
I see it from Monday to Sunday (I have my local timezone set to UK).  If I have my calender to start on a Monday then the weely calender starts on a Tuesday for me.

That's odd; I have mine set to:

Timezone: +00:00 Europe/London
Display airdates on the calendar and schedule in your local timezone checked
Week starts on Sunday (instead of Monday) unchecked

As seen here and it shows my weekly calendar from Monday 20th - Monday 27th (as seen here).

I have these settings, but my calendar runs from Tuesday to Monday.

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

So it looks like there's 2 issues here:

1. Forward arrows not working when starting week on Sunday

2. Discrepancy in users with the same settings

Janner wrote 4 years ago: 2
Backward arrow always works for me. The issue is with the forward arrow.

Jan wrote 4 years ago: 2

Hi Janner, 

Thanks for reporting the issue. I'm able to reproduce it and it's been logged.
We'll get back to you once fixed.

best,

Jan

david wrote 4 years ago: 2

This should be fixed. Please check it out!

AND I notice that you seem to have fixed the problem I had with 'Sundays' US programs (but Monday in my local timezone) appearing on the previous week (I mentioned this in your 'Toilet Roll' blog).

Now I think the weekly calender is fit for purpose.  Excellent work.

If only I could find a way of avoiding rating shows accidently when using my iPad mini to scroll through the weekly calender.  This is only a very minor niggle, and shows the limitations of using a small tablet sometimes. I guess I could avoid scrolling altogether and use the date links showing at the top.  :)  I think this would be an acceptable workaround for me. :)

But top marks from me for improving the weekly calender so quickly.  :)

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

I did :) Thank you for all the feedback!

Try 30 days of free premium.