Try 30 days of free premium.

API for Shows with a Given Tag Gives "No Response from Server"

pkscout wrote 3 years ago: 1

I'm trying to get a list of shows with a given tag, and every time I try from the personal API docs page I just get "Error":"No response from server."  I haven't tried in my own script yet, as I wanted to see what the results looked like before beginning the coding.  This is literally the only reason I signed up for a paid plan, and if the tags API doesn't work I'll just cancel my trial.

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

It's probably your browser blocking the request for CORS reasons, although I'm not sure how that can occur - it works fine here under all conditions. Can you check your browser's debug toolbar (F12) for any hints in the console and/or network tab?

pkscout wrote 3 years ago: 1

It's definitely an issue with CORS.  I tried from three different browsers with the same response.  I realized though that I was using the tag NAME rather than the tag ID in the example (I figured that out when I was trying this with curl and kept getting 404 responses).  Once I used the ID in the example it worked fine.  So it looks like the CORS problem only happens if you generate a 404 in an example.  So we can chalk this one up to PEBKAC.

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

Right. That actually makes sense, in that case your request URL is probably not considered a valid route and thus a 404 is generated immediately without adding CORS headers. Indeed running this from curl or anywhere else should function just fine, just web browsers that are thrown off by it.

Try 30 days of free premium.