Try 30 days of free premium.

Image API Improvements

mossman1120 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Is there a way to have a "main" image for each image type? Is it possible to expose the votes that an image as to the API? For images that have text can a language be added to the image?

The idea would be to allow programmatic picking of an each from each type. As it stands now there is no way to figure out which image should be used as the representative image for the type ("background", "banner", and "poster"). Factoring in languages it would allow for filtering of images with text and images in a language other than what is wanted.

@romanvm do you have any thoughts on this?

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Aside from the votes, none of the rest currently exists on the site (i.e. Only poster can have the main type). 

They'd have to be added to the website and have sufficient data before it would be added to the API. 

mossman1120 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
Aside from the votes, none of the rest currently exists on the site (i.e. Only poster can have the main type). 

They'd have to be added to the website and have sufficient data before it would be added to the API. 

I think if possible people would update the default images for each class if that feature was present on the website. I think in terms of the API that wouldn't require a change since it already passes though the "main" field.

I know if the UI existed I would start to update shows. A way to auto fill it might be to check the access logs for the images for the shows and since which has the most hits?

In terms of the language that could be added to the API and left null like other unknown fields and then it would start to be populated as that data was entered by users. I think for all new images users would set this and as for the legacy images I would that when someone ran into an untagged image it would be update like any other incorrect data?

Try 30 days of free premium.