Try 30 days of free premium.

Bulk Crew Edits

drosso46561 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Im having issues with the bulk crew editing not saving the changes on Jeopardy. Toggle the boxes, then submit. Go back and check the edit and the box is unchecked again.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Does it show an error when this happens?

@gazza911 wrote:
Does it show an error when this happens?

No error is coming up after entering SUBMIT in the Bulk editor. It is going through and acting like it has saved the changes and returning to the top of the epissode list like it should but the new changes are not showing up once the list is done doing it's update routines. I went in to one of the individual episodes and tried editing a crew member outside of the bulk editor and that is working fine. It saves and shows up like it should so it appears that the problem is limited to the Bulk Editing tool alone. We had problems with the jeopardy editing and adding new episodes not too long ago due to  the large number of episodes in the show. I suspect this is the same problem and it is currently only showing up with editing crew members of Jeopardy. I am guessing that the variable that handles the total episodes that crew members are allowed to be added to has probably reached its limit and the routine thinks it is doing its job. It may be flagging @david somewhere in logs available to him and he has just not been in to see it yet.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

And is this issue only occurring for shows with large episode lists?

It appears to be. I went into Babylon 5 with the bulk edit and entered the Gaffer in for the rest of season 1 to see if it would work and it submitted it, then when the list came back up all the episodes were appropriately marked so it seems to be a limited issue. Since I am currently rewatching Babylon 5 I will check to make sure the Gaffer is correct on those few episodes with the shows ending credits.

Still having the issue, only with the bulk edit on Jeopardy Crew. Have tried clearing out my browsers cache and rebooting just to make sure there is not something on my end.

The Bulk tool is still not working properly with Jeopardy, both with adding crew members and cast members. You check the episodes then submit and it cycles through returning to the top of the page but nothing has been saved if you go back and look at the boxes you have just toggled. There is no error messsage, it just acts like it is doing what it is supposed to but nothing is changed.

TomSouthwell wrote 3 years ago: 1

Just thought it would be worth mentioning that the bulk cast tool works for EastEnders and Countdown, both shows with alot more then the average amount of episodes added. 

@david wrote:
I didn't see any relevant errors in the logs, so I set up a dummy crew entry to test it out. Using https://www.tvmaze.com/crewappearance/bulk?show_id=2193&crew_id=92048 I added them as a crew appearance to the first episode, which seems to have worked correctly. Can you try using that specific link?

@david I was never getting a error popping up, I tried the link the way you posted and it worked fine. I was having issues when working on the current season and going into a episodes cast or crew, check marking either cast or crew on the individual dates then after a submit I would go look at the dates I had just toggled and they would be unchecked again after it finished the submit process with no error message. I just tried it with entering Johnny Gilbert Bulk as announcer in the cast of Jeopardy for this season and it did not save. Here is the link for you to try, drop down and check a couple of the bottom episodes for Johnny Gilbert as Cast - Announcer, then submit and once done, go back down on the same page and look at what you just checked.

https://www.tvmaze.com/castappearance/bulk?show_id=2193

Once you follow that link, check Johnny Gilbert, then on the Bulk Edit page That Says Johnny Gilbert bulk edit, go to the very bottom and check a couple boxes, the dates will be in then submit and go back down to the dates you just checked once the submit process is done. They will be unchecked again on the list. This is the same thing the bulk crew was doing going through the bulk edit through a individual episode. Hope this helps you out.

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

Fixed! Thanks for the report :)

Try 30 days of free premium.