Try 30 days of free premium.

image resolution attribute

prbeauchemin wrote 3 years ago: 2

Unlike TheTVDB, TvMaze does not impose a fix size for posters and banners. Given legacy issues, I can understand how difficult it might be to impose this type of constraint at this time.

However, it would be beneficial if the JSON data defined for each image included the width and height of each image. 

This would help to better identify the images before downloading them.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

The original_untouched (not scaled or cropped) is the only one which doesn't have at least one fixed dimension;

medium_portrait = 210x295 (cropped)
medium_untouched = 200xY (where Y is scaled height)
medium_landscape = 250x140 (cropped)
large_landscape =  400x224 (cropped)

prbeauchemin wrote 3 years ago: 1

Sorry, but I don't understand your response.

Allow me to re-phrase my question...

When I query for the set of Posters for "The Expand", there are 19 entries.

In TheTVDB, Posters must be 680x1000.

In the case here, the posters defined under 'original' are of different sizes. I was hoping that there could be a JSON attribute that would tell me, before i download the image what its size actually is. If an image is larger, then that is not as much of an issue, but for my purposes, I want to know when images are too small or have hte wrong ratio and won't conform to an expected 680x1000. If TvMaze doesn't mandate that images are 680x1000 (or some other size as done in TheTVDB), then I thought it could at least provide me with the dimensions to save time.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

I understood what you meant, my reply was to say that some of the formats (medium_portrait, medium_landscape & large_landscape) do have a fixed resolution and therefore I detailed them.

There's still benefits to your suggestion though (for dynamic formats).

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

We don't currently calculate/store this information, so it's not trivial to expose. But I agree that it would be useful so I'll keep it in mind for future iterations.

Try 30 days of free premium.