Try 30 days of free premium.

API for getting recently changed objects

cannoligun wrote 3 years ago: 1

Is there an API to fetch recently changed (using start and end date parameters) shows and people? I find the API http://api.tvmaze.com/updates/shows very large and tedious to process. Instead, it would be suitable to send a smaller response by including only the changed items in the given interval. Wikipedia and TMDb offer this in their APIs as well. This is useful especially in the future when TVMaze grows in size.

cannoligun wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david If I get this correct, you don't want to implement this change because of caching issues? As a compromise, you could build these change lists containing shows or people for a day and cache them every day for the past two or so weeks. Or better still, the endpoint could respond with 14 pages, each page containing changes for every day in the past two weeks, all of which is cached. What is your opinion on this? I'm sorry if I sound too presumptuous.

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

More static endpoints such as all updated entries in the last 24 hours or 7 days are definitely an option! I'll keep that in mind for the future (I have too much on my backlog already for the time being)

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david Is this based off 24 hours from the current time (cached hourly).

Or is it refreshed every day/week/month at 00:00 server time?

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
@david Is this based off 24 hours from the current time (cached hourly).

Or is it refreshed every day/week/month at 00:00 server time?

The first one :)

Try 30 days of free premium.