the one ended in 2014

the one Running start 2020 and this is the one running 2021

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@NickDeBeer wrote:
There is only one Big Brother show in Australia

the one ended in 2014

the one Running start 2020 and this is the one running 2021

what do you mean?

The two shows should be put together as one show?

NickDeBeer wrote 3 years ago: 1

@NickDeBeer wrote:
u got no problems sorry

its your friends at primeWire 

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

We don't adhere to scene rules.

We have a shows data policy which dictates whether a show should be considered a continuation (part of the same show) or a reboot.

One of these is: The new network/web channel does not refer to the pilot as "season 1"

In the case of Big Brother AU (the 2020 version), they did consider it as season 1, therefore we would keep it as a new show.

luutarhuri wrote 2 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
We don't adhere to scene rules.

We have a shows data policy which dictates whether a show should be considered a continuation (part of the same show) or a reboot.

One of these is: The new network/web channel does not refer to the pilot as "season 1"

In the case of Big Brother AU (the 2020 version), they did consider it as season 1, therefore we would keep it as a new show.

Hmm. Some time ago I asked for a new show for Big Brother Finland for this exact reason. It got denied and new episodes got added to the old series. 

Old serie aired from 2005 to 2014 on MTV3/SUB channel. New serie started 2019 on Nelonen channel and they themselves labelled it as Season 1. Season 3 of that is airing right now.

So, shouldn't this one get split too then? Also, it's labelled just as Big Brother but the show here was and is called Big Brother Suomi (Suomi = Finland in finnish). Similarly to australians AU. 

JuanArango wrote 2 years ago: 2

@luutarhuri wrote:
Hmm. Some time ago I asked for a new show for Big Brother Finland for this exact reason. It got denied and new episodes got added to the old series. 

Old serie aired from 2005 to 2014 on MTV3/SUB channel. New serie started 2019 on Nelonen channel and they themselves labelled it as Season 1. Season 3 of that is airing right now.

So, shouldn't this one get split too then? Also, it's labelled just as Big Brother but the show here was and is called Big Brother Suomi (Suomi = Finland in finnish). Similarly to australians AU. 

you are probably correct, if the new network calls it season 1, we should do so too. I will get on it when i got a bit of spare time.

luutarhuri wrote 2 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
you are probably correct, if the new network calls it season 1, we should do so too. I will get on it when i got a bit of spare time.

Thank you :)

here is some extra proof from their streaming website. This third season is also called VIP because the contestants are celebrities. It's still considered as season 3 instead of its own thing. https://i.imgur.com/WEK9jqv.jpg

Try 30 days of free premium.