Try 30 days of free premium.

TVmaze as a replacement for TheTVDB in OpenMeta?

JimieSitu wrote 2 years ago: 1

Given the ongoing issues with TheTVDB, people are looking for a more reliable alternative. TMDb's TV metadata sucks in comparison. It's missing some shows I watch and some other shows' episode listings are incomplete.

Since TVmaze was recently added as a scraper in Kodi, would it be a good replacement? I don't know how complete it is compared to TheTVDB, but assuming it is, would this be something the devs would consider adding to the addon?

gazza911 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@JimieSitu, the TVmaze Kodi addon is maintained mainly by @romanvm from the Kodi Team.

I'm unsure how OpenMeta fits into that (e.g. is it community maintained?). You may get a better response asking the people who are responsible for OpenMeta.

JimieSitu wrote 2 years ago: 1

@JimieSitu wrote:
Given the ongoing issues with TheTVDB, people are looking for a more reliable alternative. TMDb's TV metadata sucks in comparison. It's missing some shows I watch and some other shows' episode listings are incomplete.

showbox Since TVmaze was recently added as a scraper in Kodi, would it be a good replacement? I don't kn usps tracking ow how complete it is compared to TheTVDB, but assuming it is, would this be something the devs would consider adding to the addon?

issue got solved

Try 30 days of free premium.