Try 30 days of free premium.

Network changing it's name?

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm not sure if this is important or worth mentioning but you guys can decide that? This Network "ABC Family" is being renamed in January 2016 to "Freeform" or "#Freeform" not sure which because the release indicates the 1st as the new name however the Logo they show has the second one? Anyways I know I can add a Network anytime even today however I was wondering should it be added separately or should the current title be changed to show the current title on all of it's currently airing shows in January?

Or add it in separately and then in January as anyone finds an actively running show on ABC Family go in and change the Network 1 show at a time?

http://deadline.com/2015/10/abc-family-freeform-ne...

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I'm not sure if this is important or worth mentioning but you guys can decide that? This Network "ABC Family" is being renamed in January 2016 to "Freeform" or "#Freeform" not sure which because the release indicates the 1st as the new name however the Logo they show has the second one? Anyways I know I can add a Network anytime even today however I was wondering should it be added separately or should the current title be changed to show the current title on all of it's currently airing shows in January?
Or add it in separately and then in January as anyone finds an actively running show on ABC Family go in and change the Network 1 show at a time?
http://deadline.com/2015/10/abc-family-freeform-ne...

It is not a rebranding, but a rechange of names. I would wait till the first day of service to change names, but that's me.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah, in January 2016 when the rename has actually taken place, we should simply change the name of the current "ABC Family" network to "Freeform". We can add a note to the network summary to indicate that it was previously called ABC Family.

david wrote:
Yeah, in January 2016 when the rename has actually taken place, we should simply change the name of the current "ABC Family" network to "Freeform". We can add a note to the network summary to indicate that it was previously called ABC Family.

Thanks David, has anyone ever done that here before? I'm wondering because will it change ALL shows that show "ABC Family" on them past and present? If so do we want the old cancelled shows to indicate the new Network since they never aired 1 episode on the new Network name?

Yeah, it's a messy situation. But I think renaming the network is more correct than creating a duplicate one. Those older - cancelled - shows still aired on the same network that the new "Freeform" (who the hell makes up these names?) shows will be airing on; the network was just called differently back then.

david wrote:
Yeah, it's a messy situation. But I think renaming the network is more correct than creating a duplicate one. Those older - cancelled - shows still aired on the same network that the new "Freeform" (who the hell makes up these names?) shows will be airing on; the network was just called differently back then.

You asked the same question I was thinking it adds to a list of very strange Network names that's for sure!

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

I also think that renaming the network is the best option.
You can always add the old name somewhere in the description of the network so that it's clear I think?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

MichaelDeBoey wrote:
I also think that renaming the network is the best option.
You can always add the old name somewhere in the description of the network so that it's clear I think?

I agree too, it is not a perfect solution, but the best one I can come up with too.

If you will check the internet for a show that aired 2 years ago on ABC Family, you will be directed next year to the page of "Freeform", so all the old shows that aired on ABC Family, will then be on the "Freeform" website.

That is why we should do it also, just rename the network :)

cheers
Juan

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:

Thanks David, has anyone ever done that here before? I'm wondering because will it change ALL shows that show "ABC Family" on them past and present? If so do we want the old cancelled shows to indicate the new Network since they never aired 1 episode on the new Network name?

The main issue is that this channel is basically the exact same channel as ABC Family will be. To create a new network called Freeform is basically adding a duplicate of the exact same network.

There might be some solutions to implement a timeline for those occurrences, but I'm not entirely sure how it would work. Perhaps a system to show the name ABC Family to all series that were airing within the timezone of ABC family, while clicking on that name would direct you to the page of Freeform? Once again coding is like hyrogliephs to me and I don't know if that is implementable.

ThomasNL wrote:
The main issue is that this channel is basically the exact same channel as ABC Family will be. To create a new network called Freeform is basically adding a duplicate of the exact same network.
There might be some solutions to implement a timeline for those occurrences, but I'm not entirely sure how it would work. Perhaps a system to show the name ABC Family to all series that were airing within the timezone of ABC family, while clicking on that name would direct you to the page of Freeform? Once again coding is like hyrogliephs to me and I don't know if that is implementable.

Implementable is an awful big word to use, does Webster know about that word?

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:

Being a developer I know it's possible to implement such a thing, but I think the team has other priorities at the moment :-)
But it's certainly something to add at the bottom of the list I think ;-)

Yeah, maybe eventually we'll write a system to account for these renames. But indeed it won't have a high priority anytime soon :)

Try 30 days of free premium.