Try 30 days of free premium.

Add Age Rating and/or Parent's Guide

Yorker21 wrote 2 years ago: 0

I just think it would be a nice addition to shows. Something like IMDb does.

To make sure the correctness of the data, the age rating attribute could be edited by all level users but the Parent's Guide could be written by higher level contributors.

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Yorker21 wrote:
I just think it would be a nice addition to shows. Something like IMDb does.

We had this suggested before. It simply wouldnt work, different countries have different guidelines and so every show would be up for a constant debate about what is right and wrong. 

Yorker21 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
We had this suggested before. It simply wouldnt work, different countries have different guidelines and so every show would be up for a constant debate about what is right and wrong. 

I also thought about that but I think in this case we could use the show's origin country's rating.

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@Yorker21 wrote:
I also thought about that but I think in this case we could use the show's origin country's rating.

What if a rating flits between one episode and the next. 

What would a parents guide be? 

What about the countless shows that dont have a rating, I know the USA and Canada show a rating - the UK have guidelines but don't show any ratings on screen. 

Yorker21 wrote 2 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
What if a rating flits between one episode and the next. 

Mostly the networks/web channels provide the rating for the whole show. But if so, the highest rated episode would be used for the show's/season's rating.

What would a parents guide be? 

Something like this: https://imdb.com/title/tt0804484/parentalguide

What about the countless shows that dont have a rating, I know the USA and Canada show a rating - the UK have guidelines but don't show any ratings on screen. 

Maybe we could use IMDb's certifications for certain shows.

Try 30 days of free premium.