Try 30 days of free premium.

Cannon and Barnaby Jones part of same franchise or not?

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 1

Just watched pilot episode of Barnaby Jones. In there there's Frank Cannon, the same character from Cannon TV series.

Both shows were released in the 1970s, and both are on CBS, and both have the same creator. Also, both Cannon and Barnaby are private detectives, so both shows are of similar nature.

With all this in mind, would it be alright to add them as part of the same franchise, or is this too little of a connection?

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

You've just had franchises explained to you in another thread. Appearing in one episode doesn't warrant a franchise connection

MAT13 wrote 2 years ago: 3

@TomSouthwell wrote:
You've just had franchises explained to you in another thread. Appearing in one episode doesn't warrant a franchise connection

This felt a bit more than a typical crossover episode, so just wanted to check. Also this wasn't a crossover episode (isn't crossover episode when there are at least 2 episodes where one starts in one show and ends in another show?) and it wasn't in Cannon where they were trying to introduce new show called Barnaby Jones. But I get the point. Thanks.

I wish we could use same single character in multiple shows if he/she appears in multiple shows portrayed by the same actor/actress. Or at least to have a connection line to connect two same characters across two different shows (i.e. Kevin Sorbo as Hercules in "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and Kevin Sorbo as Hercules in "Xena: Warrior Princess"). Sometimes same character appears in multiple shows (i.e. in Arrow-verse), and such connection would allow us to see if certain main character from some show also appears in other shows as either main or side character. I know you can go and check actor's page and look for those connections yourself, but it's not the same thing.

Try 30 days of free premium.