Try 30 days of free premium.

cannot login with Facebook anymore

b0yw0nder1971 wrote a year ago: 1

when trying to login with Facebook now it says facebook login not available for this app from my laptop using chrome

Jan wrote a year ago: 1

Thanks for reporting it @b0yw0nder1971 
This looks like an issue on facebook's end. Unsure yet if this is temporary from the error message. We'll investigate.

still no change did i waste my time setting up all my followed shows or is there a solution?

@Jan wrote:
Thanks for reporting it @b0yw0nder1971 
This looks like an issue on facebook's end. Unsure yet if this is temporary from the error message. We'll investigate.

still no change did i waste my time setting up all my followed shows or is there a solution?

Jan wrote a year ago: 1

@b0yw0nder1971 can you try again? Should work now.

edit: if for any reason there are issues logging in using your fb account then you need to re-establish your connection in social settings: https://www.tvmaze.com/auth/settings

Lorondos wrote a year ago: 1

Hi there, I also have had this issue, the FB extension has been fixed though it appears to have reset the association with my FB account so it now keeps trying to create a new account (though it cannot as there is already an existing account) and tried the password reset but it states that my account is not verified (I thought it was but, could be wrong) then proceeds to error out on any further attempts.

Currently using another email address to post on here but my email address is identical to one associated my original account with the difference being the email provider, possible somebody could trigger an verification email to be sent out to that address or mark my account as verified please so I can use the method @david mentioned above?

david wrote a year ago: 3

@Lorondos wrote:
Hi there, I also have had this issue, the FB extension has been fixed though it appears to have reset the association with my FB account so it now keeps trying to create a new account (though it cannot as there is already an existing account) and tried the password reset but it states that my account is not verified (I thought it was but, could be wrong) then proceeds to error out on any further attempts.

Currently using another email address to post on here but my email address is identical to one associated my original account with the difference being the email provider, possible somebody could trigger an verification email to be sent out to that address or mark my account as verified please so I can use the method @david mentioned above?

I have no idea what that would be about; your old TVmaze account (@hotmail.com) is still linked to a Facebook account. If logging in to TVmaze with that Facebook account sends you to the register page that means Facebook is suddenly reporting a different userID than it did previously :-/

I pushed a small change that will allow Facebook-authenticated accounts to request a password reset, even if their email address wasn't confirmed. Can you try again?

@david wrote:
I have no idea what that would be about; your old TVmaze account (@hotmail.com) is still linked to a Facebook account. If logging in to TVmaze with that Facebook account sends you to the register page that means Facebook is suddenly reporting a different userID than it did previously :-/

I pushed a small change that will allow Facebook-authenticated accounts to request a password reset, even if their email address wasn't confirmed. Can you try again?

Ah amazing, that has worked, thanks for that! Yeah, strange how that has changed as I figured FB would not change them for this very reason. Ah well, sorted now  :) Thanks again!

@Lorondos wrote:
Ah amazing, that has worked, thanks for that! Yeah, strange how that has changed as I figured FB would not change them for this very reason. Ah well, sorted now  :) Thanks again!

The IDs are indeed different to confirm, the last digits are the same but the first digits are different oddly.

david wrote a year ago: 1

@Lorondos wrote:
The IDs are indeed different to confirm, the last digits are the same but the first digits are different oddly.

Great that this fixes it for now!

Where did you see those two different ID's? Did you link your Facebook to a new TVmaze account and checked https://www.tvmaze.com/auth/settings, or?

@david wrote:
Great that this fixes it for now!

Where did you see those two different ID's? Did you link your Facebook to a new TVmaze account and checked https://www.tvmaze.com/auth/settings, or?

No to the new TVmaze account and yes, that was the URL I checked it from.

It looks like, TVmaze kept my original ID yet Facebook decided to re-authorize as if it was a new account hence a new User/App ID.

Try 30 days of free premium.