Try 30 days of free premium.

Quick question about premium subscriptions (upgrading/downgrading)

Janner wrote a year ago: 1

Hi,

Could not find a section for this, so just put it in the chat section :)

Let's see if I have this right:

At present, I'm on bronze.  If I upgraded to silver, I would make an extra payment to cover the period pro rata until the end of my current bronze subscripton.  ie I have just over 4 months to go, so as silver is £1.50 a month more (I pay annually), I would be charged another £6 to cover me up to the renewal date in early May?

And (hopefully not), I found that the RSS feeds are not working the way that I hoped and downgraded a month later back to bronze (meaning I have only used £1.50 out of the £6) , would that mean that my bronze subscription would be extended pro rata to cover the other £4.50 paid and not used, ie extended by another 6/7 weeks after the existing renewal date, or do you just lose the extra paid if you try to downgrade? (or would it be easier to leave it at silver and downgrade a few days before my renewal date?)

Just a shame there is no way to get a trial of the RSS feeds for a short period, say 24/48 hours.  I know what I want to do with the feeds -  I just don't know if it will work the way I intend it to. 

At this stage, even a screenshot of all the information in an RSS feed for a show, any show, would be useful, because if it is not possible to customise the feed the way I would like, perhaps it would be possible to filter the results using an RSS reader, but that would only work if the information is in the feed to filter it in the first place, and there is very little information about RSS feeds on the site, and most of what there is, is at least 5 years old.

Hoping someone can post a screenshot of all the information a feed contains (with any api info removed of course) - that way I will know if it is even worth upgrading to silver without the hassle of downgrading again shortly afterwards.

Thanks guys. :)

david wrote a year ago: 1

The exact implementation of proration is done by Paddle (our payment processor), but as far as I know downgrading to a cheaper plan simply adds "credits" to your account that are used the next time a payment would be due.

RSS feeds contain the following data per show:

<item>
           <title>Alice in Borderland: 2x01</title>
           <link>https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/2401021/alice-in-borderland-2x01-episode-1</link>
           <description>Episode 1</description>
           <pubDate>Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:00:00 +0000</pubDate>
           <guid>https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/2401021/alice-in-borderland-2x01-episode-1</guid>
       </item>

@david wrote:
The exact implementation of proration is done by Paddle (our payment processor), but as far as I know downgrading to a cheaper plan simply adds "credits" to your account that are used the next time a payment would be due.

RSS feeds contain the following data per show:

Thanks for the reply, @david .  

I was hoping for the rss info of a show, not an individual episode. :) or is it the same thing for a show that is in countdown, but no episodes added yet?

i was hoping to have a feed for all upcoming shows, but somehow filter it using my rss reader to include only ‘scripted’ showtype. 

david wrote a year ago: 1

No this is it, RSS is simply a list of episode "items", there's no additional information about the shows. I'll look into your other question later :)

@david wrote:
No this is it, RSS is simply a list of episode "items", there's no additional information about the shows. I'll look into your other question later :)

Thanks for that. In countdown, ALL shows are included, and there is no way to filter it to show you only shows of a particular showtype  so I was hoping that RSS feeds would be the answer. 

Having said that, I found this old pending features thread by @Jan , which was started 5 years ago and still not fully implemented that would fit my needs perfectly, I think  

https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2521/tv-countdown-additional-filters

Has this not been completed due to the difficulty involved?  

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply, @david  :)

Try 30 days of free premium.