Try 30 days of free premium.

Monster Jam seasons

Magitroopa wrote a year ago: 1

As I proposed yesterday in the edit requests thread, I am of the belief that Monster Jam's season numbering should be switched to years instead. Here's what I said:

Could I get some help with Monster Jam? With how the episodes have aired over the years, I think it would be best to change the season numbers to instead be years (similar to shows like Jeopardy! and Good Morning America).

-----

@david had said there was conflicting information online, and I said this:

I'd assume the main conflicting info is Wikipedia? If so, I'm not even 100% sure how accurate all of that is, especially given the lack of sources. Not entirely sure if Monster Jam ever really 'defined' a season of episodes, apart from the tour seasons (for example, current tours started in January and will conclude with this year's World Finals in July) or just changing networks over the years. I'd personally say switching to years for this show makes much more sense.

I'd certainly love if there was a full directory of Monster Jam episodes over the years (that is accurately sourced/verified), but given how many years this has been going on and the lack of sourcing (apart from maybe a lot of digging through Web Archive) and amount of networks changes over the years, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Should also be noted that the 2022 episode schedule was announced as the '2022 Monster Jam telecast schedule' (full press release), and today's news regarding the change to MAVTV says, "86 new episodes on network in 2023".

-----

I had additionally found this information from a few years ago:

2012 Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam® on SPEED - "The all new 2012 Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam® Season kicks off this Saturday, November 5th at 5:00pm EST on SPEED." (as well as other occurrences throughout referring to the '2012 season')

FOX Sports 1 To Re-Air Entire 2014 Monster Jam Season Starting On November 26 - "Feld Motor Sports® announced today that the entire 2014 Monster Jam® television season... ...as a preview to the new 2015 Monster Jam television season which will be announced soon."

-----

So essentially...

1. Is there anyone else who has thoughts/ideas on changing the seasons for this to years?

2. Is there anyone who wants to help going hunting for episode information? Right now, TVMaze mostly has 2014-2016 covered, but even then, I still think there's a lot missing. I'd love to at least get this year's info in (which begins this Saturday) and continue on from there.

I would love to get the upcoming episodes in before they begin premiering tomorrow- what should be done?...

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@Magitroopa wrote:
I would love to get the upcoming episodes in before they begin premiering tomorrow- what should be done?...

You've been tagged in multiple posts that you've ignored by myself...  

In the meantime I would add these episodes as a normal season for now until @david can weigh in. 

@TomSouthwell wrote:
You've been tagged in multiple posts that you've ignored by myself...  

In the meantime I would add these episodes as a normal season for now until @david can weigh in. 

My bad, but it seems like that was already updated by someone else.

And what 'normal season' # should I add it under? Just continue it and go from 13 to 14, or add it under season 20 (13 2016, 14 2017, 15, 2018, etc, leading up to 19 2022, and 20 2023)?

@Magitroopa wrote:
My bad, but it seems like that was already updated by someone else.

And what 'normal season' # should I add it under? Just continue it and go from 13 to 14, or add it under season 20 (13 2016, 14 2017, 15, 2018, etc, leading up to 19 2022, and 20 2023)?

Whatever season matches what's currently in place. 

I haven't added any episodes yet, but here's another thing to ask about:

Exactly how should the episodes be added? The official website has three different types of shows listed: Monster Jam, Inside Monster Jam, and Arena in 30.

Zap2it has them listed as separate shows, with Monster Jam, 2023 Inside Monster Jam, and 2023 Monster Jam - Arena in 30. Should all of these be added together on Monster Jam here, or should separate series be created for Inside Monster Jam/Arena in 30? If the first option, I'd image the titles would be like "San Diego - 1", "Inside Monster Jam - ThunderROARus", "Arena in 30 - Salt Lake City", etc.

Thoughts?

@Magitroopa wrote:
I haven't added any episodes yet, but here's another thing to ask about:

Exactly how should the episodes be added? The official website has three different types of shows listed: Monster Jam, Inside Monster Jam, and Arena in 30.

Zap2it has them listed as separate shows, with Monster Jam, 2023 Inside Monster Jam, and 2023 Monster Jam - Arena in 30. Should all of these be added together on Monster Jam here, or should separate series be created for Inside Monster Jam/Arena in 30? If the first option, I'd image the titles would be like "San Diego - 1", "Inside Monster Jam - ThunderROARus", "Arena in 30 - Salt Lake City", etc.

Thoughts?

Three seperate shows. This is clear in data policies as you have three different formats of show with three different titles.

Try 30 days of free premium.