Try 30 days of free premium.

Episode name capitalization

TomSouthwell wrote a year ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
I partly agree with you, but as we cannot use the "line" that divides it I suggested we use a colon. 

I have had a number of shows without any division and since we follow on screen, that's how they are listed. Chapter Bla then title, nothing in between.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I have had a number of shows without any division and since we follow on screen, that's how they are listed. Chapter Bla then title, nothing in between.

I am fine with not using the ":" if the majority agrees with it. :)

obdue wrote a year ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
I partly agree with you, but as we cannot use the "line" that divides it I suggested we use a colon. 

The line is not a text, it's a delimiter, an element of the appearance of the title. Considering it a part of the name itself is ridiculous.
There are no punctuation marks between the part/chapter number and the title, except for the quotation marks in the Picard. By adding marks like colon, dot, or such you're contradicting your own rule to use the title exactly how it is spelled on-screen. Or it should be said in the rules, that a particular delimiter should be added if none is present.

@obdue wrote:
The line is not a text, it's a delimiter, an element of the appearance of the title. Considering it a part of the name itself is ridiculous.
There are no punctuation marks between the part/chapter number and the title, except for the quotation marks in the Picard. By adding marks like colon, dot, or such you're contradicting your own rule to use the title exactly how it is spelled on-screen. Or it should be said in the rules, that a particular delimiter should be added if none is present.

as I said above, I am fine with removing the colon, anyone against it?

LouisWu wrote a year ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
I am fine with not using the ":" if the majority agrees with it. :)

Agreed on leaving the colon out. It's not in the original title anyway.

Paramount Picard title cards read PART NUMBER "Bigger Font Title Words"

What do you think is the best way to do justice to that?

Right now have Part Number "Same Font Title Words"

I think we should get closer than that. 🤔

@LouisWu wrote:
Paramount Picard title cards read PART NUMBER "Bigger Font Title Words"

What do you think is the best way to do justice to that?

Right now have Part Number "Same Font Title Words"

I think we should get closer than that. 🤔

I am not sure if we should take it that far,  we are fine without the colon now.  :)

@JuanArango wrote:
I am not sure if we should take it that far,  we are fine without the colon now.  :)

What do you think is too far? I did not propose any additional changes, just showing what we have and where we might go; asking for steps in that direction, if any 🙂

Try 30 days of free premium.