Try 30 days of free premium.

Good Witch Halloween is a Special not the 1st Episode of Season 2!

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I just not posted this on the "Good Witch" wiki but this is for those who are too lazy to read a Wiki?

Do NOT change this episode again "Good Witch Halloween" is a Special Episode NOT the 1st Episode of Season 2. Season 2 Does NOT Start until 2016! I have had to fix this 2 times now and I am sick of it, read this from the Hallmark Channel site - Coming Soon: The magic returns in 2016 with an all-new season of "Good Witch." - http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/good-witch-hallowee... - If you have a question or concern ask me - JAGUARDOG!

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2015/09/02/hall...

"Just in time for Halloween, the programming event presents a special two-hour sneak peek of "Good Witch" season two on Saturday, October 24"

Looks like it should be a special indeed, though belong to season 2 instead of season 1.

I've changed it to that, and the Episode Type & Episode Number are now automatically locked by our new Edit Conflict system.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I messaged him about it to make him aware of it.

Thank you both very much!

BigEd wrote 8 years ago: 1

"Hallmark Channel is pleased to announce its newest Original Primetime Series, “Good Witch,” starring Catherine Bell, James Denton and Bailee Madison, has received a second season renewal of 12 new episodes including a two-hour Fall 2015 premiere and 10 new hours to follow in early 2016. “Good Witch” has charmed audiences in its first season, becoming the network’s most-watched and highest-rated primetime drama in the time period."

This is what I'm seeing out there. Tonights would be the Season Kicker (Episode 1 & 2) with 10 more to follow. It can be a Special in some minds but the Episode list will be shy 2 episodes.

Even Looks like Wiki is listing it as Episode 1 for Season 2 (2015).

BigEd wrote:
"Hallmark Channel is pleased to announce its newest Original Primetime Series, “Good Witch,” starring Catherine Bell, James Denton and Bailee Madison, has received a second season renewal of 12 new episodes including a two-hour Fall 2015 premiere and 10 new hours to follow in early 2016. “Good Witch” has charmed audiences in its first season, becoming the network’s most-watched and highest-rated primetime drama in the time period."
This is what I'm seeing out there. Tonights would be the Season Kicker (Episode 1 & 2) with 10 more to follow. It can be a Special in some minds but the Episode list will be shy 2 episodes.

It's all how you read it and it's just perception. I guarantee this is not a regular Episode and it will not effect the Season 2 episodes. Even if it did a 2 Hour Made for TV Movie is not the equivalent of 2 Episodes. If it Ended at the first hour, rolled credits and the second hour started up the 2nd part by rolling credits again then it would be 2 but that did not happen! I watch this show all the time and I keep up with the Hallmark Channel and it's website but we all will have to wait and see won't we?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thanks for weighing in here BigEd!

I understand the confusion, but all things considered it still looks like this should be a special.

- The network announces it as "a special two-hour sneak peek"

- They contradict themselves by talking about "12 episodes", while the episode was a single individual entity

- The length is twice as long as the regular episodes

- The episode airs months before the rest of the regular episodes

Try 30 days of free premium.