Try 30 days of free premium.

Cowboy Bebop Air Date and Channel Confusion

sammy_hunt wrote 8 years ago: 1

I wanted to get other opinions before I do anything to this, so I will lay out the situation. Cowboy Bebop was originally supposed to air on TV Tokyo, but because the network wasn't a fan of the violence in the series, they only aired episodes skipping around (2, 3, 7-15, and 18). TV Tokyo stopped airing episodes after that due to "low ratings". Then another channel became interested in it, WOWOW, and it aired all 26 episodes from the beginning, in order.

So, my question is this: The listing for Cowboy Bebop now has the WOWOW original air dates for all 26 episodes. Should I change the ones that were originally on TV Tokyo, or would that be too confusing? Also, the show has TV Tokyo listed as the channel it aired on even though none of the air dates are from its time on that channel. So should I keep the air dates and change the channel name to WOWOW? And if I do that is there a way to signify that it actually did air (confusingly) on TV Tokyo first?

I would love any feedback, please. I really don't know what to do here.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

sammy_hunt wrote:
I wanted to get other opinions before I do anything to this, so I will lay out the situation. Cowboy Bebop was originally supposed to air on TV Tokyo, but because the network wasn't a fan of the violence in the series, they only aired episodes skipping around (2, 3, 7-15, and 18). TV Tokyo stopped airing episodes after that due to "low ratings". Then another channel became interested in it, WOWOW, and it aired all 26 episodes from the beginning, in order.
So, my question is this: The listing for Cowboy Bebop now has the WOWOW original air dates for all 26 episodes. Should I change the ones that were originally on TV Tokyo, or would that be too confusing? Also, the show has TV Tokyo listed as the channel it aired on even though none of the air dates are from its time on that channel. So should I keep the air dates and change the channel name to WOWOW? And if I do that is there a way to signify that it actually did air (confusingly) on TV Tokyo first?
I would love any feedback, please. I really don't know what to do here.

In this special situation I would list the station as WOWOW and also use their airdates :)

cheers
Juan

sammy_hunt wrote 8 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
In this special situation I would list the station as WOWOW and also use their airdates :)
cheers
Juan

Thank you, I will do that!

MichaelDeBoey wrote 8 years ago: 1

sammy_hunt wrote:
And is there a way to signify that it actually did air (confusingly) on TV Tokyo first?

I think this can best be added to the wiki of the show

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah, I'm currently working on writing up the policy for all weird situations like this. It's not finished yet, but it'll mention that within a season the episode airdates should be from the same source (the same network or same web channel).

Normally, this would be the network that originally ordered and premiered the show, but in this particular case using WOWOW everywhere perhaps sounds more sane indeed.

Definitely note it on the show wiki though, yes! Could you take care of that Juan or Michael?

Try 30 days of free premium.