Try 30 days of free premium.

Pending verification

JuanArango wrote 8 months ago: 0

We did not add more checks, weird, but you are free to go now :D

david wrote 8 months ago: 2

Looks like something went wrong here, apologies :/ I'll look into it.

david wrote 8 months ago: 1

Right, actually nothing went wrong but it seemed that way on first glance.

What happened is that users who haven't edited in more than 4 months are automatically rewound to an edit level 1 below their current level. This way, as soon as the user starts editing again we get notified so we can keep an eye on whether the edits are still in line with the current policy. Normally, if the edits are good we'll promote you again and you should never even notice anything happened.

Your account was rewound in August 2022 and it looks like you slipped through the cracks and were never promoted when you started editing again in November. Last week, a couple hundred edits later, you finally hit the limit that was imposed a year ago and saw the pending verification notice.

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

LouisWu wrote 8 months ago: 1

You say "nothing went wrong" but also that I "slipped through the cracks". Those statements can't be true at the same time.

The whole situation would have been easily explained if I had been blocked immediately upon the first edit after the 'demotion' in 2022. 
Additionally, it would have been a lot more acceptable if the situation had been accurately explained on the pending verification page. If for no other reason than that way everyone would have been aware of the existence of this 'feature' in the first place, TVmaze staff as well as common users.

david wrote 8 months ago: 1

Nothing went wrong as in, I initially thought you were incorrectly rewound to begin with.

The whole situation would have been easily explained if I had been blocked immediately upon the first edit after the 'demotion' in 2022

Blocking someone immediately might be more clear, but the idea behind the current method is that users - unless they slip through the cracks - won't even notice anything at all.

Try 30 days of free premium.