Try 30 days of free premium.

Seeking Help with Anime Countdown Website Development

usmanjaved01 wrote 6 months ago: 2

Hello,

I am a developer currently working on a website for my client, where we are featuring an anime countdown. To achieve this, I am utilizing a scheduler API and manually filtering through a genres array to display anime shows on the website, as we specifically want to showcase anime genres. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an API that offers genre-based filtering, which is why I'm handling this filtering process on the backend.

The issue I'm encountering is that when I retrieve scheduler data for today or tomorrow, I'm not able to identify the anime genres correctly. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue and obtaining the accurate data for our website.

usmanjaved01 wrote 6 months ago: 1

Allow me to rephrase my issue. I need to display data on my website based on specific dates, such as today, tomorrow, and next week. When I attempt to apply a filter to the scheduler API for today or tomorrow, specifically filtering by genres, I receive no results. However, if I apply the same filter on your website, it successfully displays the desired data.

gazza911 wrote 6 months ago: 1

@usmanjaved01 wrote:
Allow me to rephrase my issue. I need to display data on my website based on specific dates, such as today, tomorrow, and next week. When I attempt to apply a filter to the scheduler API for today or tomorrow, specifically filtering by genres, I receive no results. However, if I apply the same filter on your website, it successfully displays the desired data.

Which endpoint are you using? 

The following would return all episodes airing in Japan tomorrow.

https://api.tvmaze.com/schedule?country=JP&date=2023-10-22

This is an array, and you'd filter it by the genres array in each of those episodes.

e.g. episodes.filter(ep => { return ep.genres.includes("Anime"); });

Try 30 days of free premium.