Try 30 days of free premium.

Renewal email Question

Jinxy1961 wrote 6 months ago: 1

Received e-mail letting me know of Paddle issue. Enclosed was the code however when I went through the procedure of renewing the premium subscription information there was no place on there to include this code. I was then redirected back here and there is no place on the Dashboard (or I'm blind....LOL) or other personal settings to include this code. So how are you supposed to include the code as the email states that you must include it?

Jinxy1961

Sproglet wrote 6 months ago: 1

I got the same email. Thanks @Jan  for where to put the code that helped.

Now I have a bigger problem.

I just auto renewed on the 23rd of September but thanks to this I've been charged again today and it says my subscription will renew on the 24th of November next year.

Needless to say I'm a little disappointed. Wasn't expecting to have to pay again today thought I was setting up the next payment. Can my next payment be moved to when my subscription is supposed to expire? Should now be 23rd of September 2025?

Jan wrote 6 months ago: 1

Don't worry about it @Sproglet I've contacted paddle about this and we'll resolve this in a way to the benefit of anyone who has renewed their subscription after the cancellation. I'm currently waiting for their response regarding this.

Thanks @Jan . Appreciate your quick response. I realise this is as frustrating for you as it is for us :(

@Sproglet wrote:
Thanks @Jan . Appreciate your quick response. I realise this is as frustrating for you as it is for us :(

It is, but we're here to solve these things or avoid them altogether. We're taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen in the future again.
Thanks for your understanding. Appreciated. :)

@Jan is that code only for those in the UK? The reason I ask is the link you provided shows an image with the code discount but it is for the UK. I'm in the US and it didn't show that when I hit the https://www.tvmaze.com/premium/dashboard at my end of things. It just took me to a choice of either credit card or Paypal. Since my account was set up with Paypal I used it as I didn't see anywhere with  each step that showed that word "add discount" Is there a way to add the discount since the payment has already been run and accepted by PayPal?

Second question is that I've already paid this once this year on April 17, 2023 and here is the Receipt # 7651927-43733405 info. Now it says: You are currently subscribed to Premium Bronze. Your subscription is active and will automatically renew at 2024-11-25. Which means this needs to be corrected as well. All help is appreciated.

Jinxy1961

@Jinxy1961 jan has already said that they are working with paddle to get the expiry issue sorted a few posts back. 

LouisWu wrote 6 months ago: 1

Hi @Jan!
That Paddle notification about a billing problem arrived in my mailbox too.
But Paddle definitely received my money, on 23 Sep 2023 (by credit card).
My Premium Dash reads: "You are currently subscribed to Premium Bronze. Your subscription is cancelled and will expire at 2024-09-24. ".

Does this mean I will be compensated if I re-subscribe right now, as requested?
Could it work just as well if I re-subscribe in September next year?

Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the offer of discount as compensation. But I'd rather not pay almost 2 years in advance.

Thanks! 💶

Jan wrote 6 months ago: 2

@LouisWu wrote:
Hi @Jan!
That Paddle notification about a billing problem arrived in my mailbox too.
But Paddle definitely received my money, on 23 Sep 2023 (by credit card).
My Premium Dash reads: "You are currently subscribed to Premium Bronze. Your subscription is cancelled and will expire at 2024-09-24. ".

Does this mean I will be compensated if I re-subscribe right now, as requested?
Could it work just as well if I re-subscribe in September next year?

Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the offer of discount as compensation. But I'd rather not pay almost 2 years in advance.

Thanks! 💶

@LouisWu that's not a problem at all. Paddle's accidental cancellation of subscriptions caused some issues that now have to be resolved but ultimately you can just renew your subscription next year.

@Jinxy1961 wrote:
@Jan is that code only for those in the UK? The reason I ask is the link you provided shows an image with the code discount but it is for the UK. I'm in the US and it didn't show that when I hit the https://www.tvmaze.com/premium/dashboard at my end of things. It just took me to a choice of either credit card or Paypal. Since my account was set up with Paypal I used it as I didn't see anywhere with  each step that showed that word "add discount" Is there a way to add the discount since the payment has already been run and accepted by PayPal?

Second question is that I've already paid this once this year on April 17, 2023 and here is the Receipt # 7651927-43733405 info. Now it says: You are currently subscribed to Premium Bronze. Your subscription is active and will automatically renew at 2024-11-25. Which means this needs to be corrected as well. All help is appreciated.

Jinxy1961

@Jinxy1961 the code works anywhere. You have to click on a link though for the input field to appear though. See this screenshot https://i.ibb.co/dksrXqN/Screenshot-2023-11-25-at-14-15-43.png

I'm afraid I can't add the discount on my end either after renewal. All I can do is extend the renewal date. Which if you're ok with i'll extend it by 25%
For the correction from your previous account I'm still waiting for Paddle's resolution on this. But either way it can be corrected by us as well.

@Jan wrote:
@Jinxy1961 the code works anywhere. You have to click on a link though for the input field to appear though. See this screenshot https://i.ibb.co/dksrXqN/Screenshot-2023-11-25-at-14-15-43.png

I'm afraid I can't add the discount on my end either after renewal. All I can do is extend the renewal date. Which if you're ok with i'll extend it by 25%
For the correction from your previous account I'm still waiting for Paddle's resolution on this. But either way it can be corrected by us as well.

Thanks @Jan I do appreciate it. Not sure why it never appeared at my end of things because I took it very slow to make sure I didn't miss it. Obviously I can click the link and check it again as it has already been processed. One last question for you. Will my new renewal date be 11/25/2023 now instead of April? That way I can add that to my calendar of bills. Sounds silly I'm sure but it helps to know in advance for me just what to expect and when to make sure I save enough for that month to cover the bills. :)

Jinxy1961

TeleTone wrote 6 months ago: 3

Think I'll wait until this all blows over before I renew. I'd dump these guys if I were you!

TeleTone wrote 5 months ago: 1

@TeleTone wrote:
Think I'll wait until this all blows over before I renew. I'd dump these guys if I were you!

Looks like my new sub. went through after all before the drama. Although my avatar doesn't show me as a premium member.

momijigari wrote 5 months ago: 2

@TeleTone wrote:
Looks like my new sub. went through after all before the drama. Although my avatar doesn't show me as a premium member.

No?

TeleTone

TeleTone wrote 5 months ago: 2

@momijigari wrote:
No?

TeleTone

Yeah, shows here, but not at the top of the page - doesn't really matter anyway - thanks for investigating. As long as I'm subbed and paying my way I'm happy. Thanls!

Sproglet wrote 5 months ago: 1

@Jan any update on this please? Been a couple of weeks now.

david wrote 5 months ago: 1

@Sproglet wrote:

Our payment processor Paddle is still working on resolving this issue. We're very sorry for the delay and will keep you posted.

Jan wrote 3 months ago: 1

@Sproglet wrote:

We've extended the renewal dates of the currently active subscriptions with the amount of time left prior to the cancellation. 
We will send out an official email next week to everyone who was affected. 

Thanks again for the patience and trust in TVmaze. We appreciate you.

@Jinxy1961 

Jinxy1961 wrote 3 months ago: 2

Thanks for the update. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.