Try 30 days of free premium.

Consider deleting this show..

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Adnaan wrote:
K-9 and Company was a proposed television spin-off of the original programme run of Doctor Who (1963–1989). It was to feature former series regulars Sarah Jane Smith, an investigative journalist played by Elisabeth Sladen, and K-9, a robotic dog.
A single episode, "A Girl's Best Friend", was produced as a pilot for a proposed programme, but was not taken up.
http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/7362/k-9-and-company

Hi Adnaan,

We do not delete this show as it was intended to start as a new series (spin-off), but after the pilot they decided not to continue with this series, so our policy says we can add it and keep it in our database, otherwise we have to delete some other shows too for not requiring that feature you just said.

cheers,

Thomas

Adnaan wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:
Hi Adnaan,
We do not delete this show as it was intended to start as a new series (spin-off), but after the pilot they decided not to continue with this series, so our policy says we can add it and keep it in our database, otherwise we have to delete some other shows too for not requiring that feature you just said.
cheers,
Thomas

In one of the threads on the forum, the admin stated something along these lines: 'Shows that have not been picked up after the release of their pilot should not necessarily be added to the tvmaze db.'

This was when one of the users asked the admins to add 'The After' to the db.

Cheers.

Adnaan wrote:

In one of the threads on the forum, the admin stated something along these lines: 'Shows that have not been picked up after the release of their pilot should not necessarily be added to the tvmaze db.'
This was when one of the users asked the admins to add 'The After' to the db.
Cheers.

Yes, you were right, however this must have been before the change in policy and as many people kept requesting them to be added, we decided later on to add them.

Series that are allowed so far.

- TV shows; with a season of two or more episodes
- Shows in development that have the intention of releasing at least 2 episodes/parts
- Shows that were cancelled immediately after the pilot has aired
- Mini-series with at least two parts
- Yearly returning award shows or televised events
- Sports footage airing in a regular format and timeslot; such as WWE Friday Night Smackdown

ThomasNL wrote:
Yes, you were right, however this must have been before the change in policy and as many people kept requesting them to be added, we decided later on to add them.
Series that are allowed so far.
- TV shows; with a season of two or more episodes
- Shows in development that have the intention of releasing at least 2 episodes/parts
- Shows that were cancelled immediately after the pilot has aired
- Mini-series with at least two parts
- Yearly returning award shows or televised events
- Sports footage airing in a regular format and timeslot; such as WWE Friday Night Smackdown

Cools. Understood. Thanks for the quick responses.

No problem ;)

A grey area for now are tv movies like Jesse Stone or Sharknado though, we add them, but we are not entirely sure what to do with them though.

ThomasNL wrote:
No problem ;)
A grey area for now are tv movies like Jesse Stone or Sharknado though, we add them, but we are not entirely sure what to do with them though.

Yeah, I recognized that when I did few quick searches for a some TV Movies. 'The Normal Heart' was one I was going to request to be added, but then I didn't.

Btw, @ThomasNL, I had a question regarding Show Requests. Why doesn't the requester get contributor points when requesting a show?

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Adnaan wrote:
Btw, @ThomasNL, I had a question regarding Show Requests. Why doesn't the requester get contributor points when requesting a show?

That's for technical reasons, unfortunately. All request data is stored indefinitely though, so we could fix this in the future.

david wrote:
That's for technical reasons, unfortunately. All request data is stored indefinitely though, so we could fix this in the future.

Ahh :/

Alright, thanks for the reply!

ThomasNL wrote:
No problem ;)

I guess this clears stuff up pretty well now!

Explicitly not allowed are:

One-off made for TV movies.http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/13/shows

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Adnaan wrote:

I guess this clears stuff up pretty well now!
Explicitly not allowed are:
One-off made for TV movies.http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/13/shows

This is also no longer the case based on the newest policy in place. If a Made for TV Movie was intended to be a pilot it can stay. If a Made for TV Movie is released and there is no proof anywhere that it was not intended to be a pilot the same applies!

In other words unless someone can provide proof with a link that the Made for TV Movie "Was Not Intended to be a Pilot" it can stay!

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
This is also no longer the case based on the newest policy in place. If a Made for TV Movie was intended to be a pilot it can stay. If a Made for TV Movie is released and there is no proof anywhere that it was not intended to be a pilot the same applies!
In other words unless someone can provide proof with a link that the Made for TV Movie "Was Not Intended to be a Pilot" it can stay!

Ron,

it is exactly the other way round, the person who wants to add a tv movie needs to provide proof that this was intended to be a pilot of a show :)

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:
Ron,
it is exactly the other way round, the person who wants to add a tv movie needs to provide proof that this was intended to be a pilot of a show :)
cheers
Juan

Lol, I thought so. What Ron said would cause confusion and a lot of TV Movies would slip through the cracks.

Try 30 days of free premium.