Try 30 days of free premium.

Network for TV shows should always be the last Network a show aired on.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I believe that the site wants the last Network a series aired New episodes on showing on the show page in the info section am I correct in this assumption? The reason I ask is that tvdb.com does not always display the last network as in the case of "Clueless" that aired it's 1st season only on ABC in the U.S. and then it aired season 2 and season 3 on UPN in the U.S. I corrected the network for this show from ABC to UPN and thought that it might be an item to have written down in the site rules sometime in the future? This is another example of how handy my "Complete Directory to U.S. Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows from 1946 to 2006" comes in very handy. I watched this particular series in the 1990's and I had first hand knowledge already of the Network change however I still used my book to double check it as back up proof just in case my memory was failing me?

I'm sure there are many other shows like that one which has the incorrect last Network showing on it/them so I assume we can correct those when we run across them by accident in the future? I also doubt that there will ever come a time when all Networks that ever aired new episodes of a show will be added to the site because it probably is not an important point to know this type of archived information as well as most likely being a bear to try and set up a program for this feature?

F.Y.I. - I have found many old U.S. TV shows over the last 4 months that had very little to no information on them other then the network it aired on and I have been using my book extensively to add in the missing information to these "TV Shells" so they would have more updated and accurate information on them. Most of the information missing has been the day of the week and time a show aired. I have also found some with information on them that was incorrect airtimes or days it aired or both and corrected them. In those cases the shows were displaying the original airtimes and the original days they had aired on and not the last day or airtime new episodes aired during the show's run.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I believe that the site wants the last Network a series aired New episodes on showing on the show page in the info section am I correct in this assumption? The reason I ask is that tvdb.com does not always display the last network as in the case of "Clueless" that aired it's 1st season only on ABC in the U.S. and then it aired season 2 and season 3 on UPN in the U.S. I corrected the network for this show from ABC to UPN and thought that it might be an item to have written down in the site rules sometime in the future? This is another example of how handy my "Complete Directory to U.S. Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows from 1946 to 2006" comes in very handy. I watched this particular series in the 1990's and I had first hand knowledge already of the Network change however I still used my book to double check it as back up proof just in case my memory was failing me?
I'm sure there are many other shows like that one which has the incorrect last Network showing on it/them so I assume we can correct those when we run across them by accident in the future? I also doubt that there will ever come a time when all Networks that ever aired new episodes of a show will be added to the site because it probably is not an important point to know this type of archived information as well as most likely being a bear to try and set up a program for this feature?
F.Y.I. - I have found many old U.S. TV shows over the last 4 months that had very little to no information on them other then the network it aired on and I have been using my book extensively to add in the missing information to these "TV Shells" so they would have more updated and accurate information on them. Most of the information missing has been the day of the week and time a show aired. I have also found some with information on them that was incorrect airtimes or days it aired or both and corrected them. In those cases the shows were displaying the original airtimes and the original days they had aired on and not the last day or airtime new episodes aired during the show's run.

You are correct, and thank you for changing it to UPN, also thank you for filling in all the missing info and doing the corrections to those older US tv shows.

Good work!

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yep, this is already defined in the policy BTW: "The value should always reflect the current (or when a show is ended, the latest) network that a show aired on. Historical information about the show's network is tracked on the season level.".

Thanks!

Try 30 days of free premium.