Try 30 days of free premium.

Ordering of specials

Bashkinator wrote 8 years ago: 1

Is there any way to order special episodes, which aired in the same day, except adding number in the title?

As far as I understand, they ordering by air date and then by title. Episode number is simply ignored (deleted, actually).

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Bashkinator wrote:
Is there any way to order special episodes, which aired in the same day, except adding number in the title?
As far as I understand, they ordering by air date and then by title. Episode number is simply ignored (deleted, actually).

If I am not mistaken they do not wish to use numbers on specials however if more than one airs in the same day just by adding in the airtime for each episode the system will put them in correct time order/sequence by day?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
if more than one airs in the same day just by adding in the airtime for each episode the system will put them in correct time order/sequence by day?

Well, I think it will. But what if they aired simultaneously (e.g. on DVD or Web)?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Bashkinator wrote:
Well, I think it will. But what if they aired simultaneously (e.g. on DVD or Web)?

Specials from DVD should not be added, only specials that either ran on tv or web :)

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Jaguardog is right: episodes don't have a number; they are ordered by airdate alone.

I might add that I am now very confused when you say on DVD and on the web on the same day how is that possible? Is this a new technology thing that I have no clue about?

As far as I know a DVD release is of a show/series or episodes and are released in stores or on the internet on a set day. So if you are saying a Special was released on DVD and it never ever aired anywhere else on TV or the web then I can understand that part. However the way i understand DVD/Video releases at least in North America the date it is released to the public for sale has nothing to do with a date that it can be officially listed as aired somewhere?

I know I am not making much sense here but I'm trying my best so i can get a clearer picture of what you are maybe saying. In North America, I do not know about Canada or any other country in the world for that matter but in North America better than 90% of DVD/Videos are released on a Tuesday with very few exceptions. So for me to understand your point you need to be a lot more detailed please if you do not mind?

JAGUARDOG wrote:
on DVD and on the web on the same day how is that possible?

"Or the web". It was just an example

I was referring to the situation when several special episodes was released on a single DVD. Or another option - they was uploaded to the website and published in the single post. The point is that they are released at the same time and never aired anywhere else.

Bashkinator wrote:
I was referring to the situation when several special episodes was released on a single DVD. Or another option - they was uploaded to the website and published in the single post. The point is that they are released at the same time and never aired anywhere else.

When a DVD is released is not important I do not believe is this not true STAFF? However if a DVD has 1 or more episodes on it that did never air anywhere how do you add these to the site or can you because there is not a date to go by correct?

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Bashkinator wrote:

If the specials are all released on the web at the same time, then there is no way of sorting them right now, but in all honesty, how often are several specials released at the same time on the web ?

Once a century ? :)

For those very, very rare incidents, we will have to live with that for now :)

cheers
Juan

ОК, thanks for clarification.

Kinda workaround for that - just set fake airtime :-)

Tonks wrote 8 years ago: 1

david wrote:
Jaguardog is right: episodes don't have a number; they are ordered by airdate alone.

I think you should review this decision. I was wondering how episode guides was adding the lifetime numbers ( ex : http://epguides.com/LawandOrder/) I'm guessing they're adding them on their side.

It would be a second safeguard. Having only one controller for ordering might not be the best solution.

Try 30 days of free premium.