Try 30 days of free premium.

Calendar -> Filter -> Unwatched

turbopipp wrote 9 years ago: 1

I noticed there are some filtering options in calendar view, but I do miss "Unwatched" as a filter there for a fast and easy way to see what you have missed lately. I know Watchlist is meant for this, but I'd still love this option for calendar too. :)

Keep up the good work, team! :)

deleted wrote 9 years ago: 1

The purpose of the calender is to remind you about upcoming air dates of specific shows you're following.

I guess adding this option would be a waste of server usage and unnecessary as we've a watchlist, which are showing episodes youve missed in an easy way too.

Server usage would be a SELECT statement used instead of the ordinary one, not exactly server breaking usage. :) Or with a bit of class usage and jQuery, it could all be handled in the browser if too many many requests to the database is the concern.

And about server storage, depending on what libraries are being used and the current setup of course, perhaps a total of 2-10 lines of code. Again, probably not breaking the storage limit. :)

The real question is if it's a wanted feature or not.

I feel that just because you can do something at one spot on a site, that doesn't exclude the same function being available other places. Sure, put it in the low priority column since it's available elsewhere, but please don't exclude it all together. :)

Jan wrote 9 years ago: 1

I do see the benefit of being able to check in the calendar which episodes you've missed with the added capability of marking watched episodes through it.

deleted wrote 9 years ago: 1

Server usage would be a SELECT statement used instead of the ordinary one, not exactly server breaking usage. :) Or with a bit of class usage and jQuery, it could all be handled in the browser if too many many requests to the database is the concern.
And about server storage, depending on what libraries are being used and the current setup of course, perhaps a total of 2-10 lines of code. Again, probably not breaking the storage limit. :)
The real question is if it's a wanted feature or not.
I feel that just because you can do something at one spot on a site, that doesn't exclude the same function being available other places. Sure, put it in the low priority column since it's available elsewhere, but please don't exclude it all together. :)

For me it is personally just a waste addition on this site to open a calender like that, but hey, it's a forum, we're open for discussion, although I may not vote for it, I guess there plenty of guys that would love it :)

Also relevant: http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/13/a-watchednot-watc...
You would mean "unwatched episodes for all shows that i'm following", right?

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. I would prefer a filter to hide the watched episodes, but as the other suggestion you linked said; an icon could do the job too. I didn't notice that other post, sorry. This was almost a duplicate of it, my bad. :)

david wrote 9 years ago: 1

Alright! So obviously there's some demand for integrating watched episodes into the calendar view, but there's a few different methods we could use. Anyone else with feedback on this? :)

Try 30 days of free premium.