Try 30 days of free premium.

Scraping data

nickodemos wrote 8 years ago: 1

Before I dedicate a large chunk of time on adding information to the site I was wondering if there is future plans on scraping other TV sites for the needed data.

I am currently adding information on a show by show basis, and adding images to guest cast/guest members as needed, and I was wondering if this is a wasted effort if six months down the line you have plans on setting up a auto scrape to gather the information yourself.

I don't mind doing some grunt work for the site but it always feels wasted if the site in question have plans that end up supercedding what was already done.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

nickodemos wrote:
Before I dedicate a large chunk of time on adding information to the site I was wondering if there is future plans on scraping other TV sites for the needed data.
I am currently adding information on a show by show basis, and adding images to guest cast/guest members as needed, and I was wondering if this is a wasted effort if six months down the line you have plans on setting up a auto scrape to gather the information yourself.
I don't mind doing some grunt work for the site but it always feels wasted if the site in question have plans that end up supercedding what was already done.

I can assure you that your work is very welcome and that we will not scrape data like images and the likes that you are adding.
Thx alot for your help and feel free to ask anymore questions.

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yeah, no worries, all data on TVmaze is added by users like yourself, we've never automatically scraped for data.

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi nickodamos,

Welcome to the site and thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.