Try 30 days of free premium.

Clearer question regarding Profile Stats.

Brantank wrote 8 years ago: 1

I made a thread about this 2 weeks ago but I may have poorly asked the question / described the bug. Now, since the thread (http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/1113/profile-stats-e...) is dead, I think I can properly ask the question / describe the bug:

If you look on your Stats page you see on the right side your all time stats and on the bottom you see your timed stats. These timed stats are in certain timed sections (week, month, year) to give people stats for that week/month/year. My observation is that you cannot see your all time stats in the same function. Most Watched Shows and Most Watched Networks (Which should be defaulted to use all time stats, since they are independent of time, which I believe is the main bug with this feature) utilize shows marked as watched individually rather than bulk. This is a bug because it even though the system has no way of knowing when you watched a TV show, that doesn't mean you never watched it. Shows added in bulk should still be represented in "Most Watched Shows" and "Most Watched Networks" because you still watched it, regardless of when.

While I now know Hours Watched and Episodes Watched are reliant on times, that should have no effect on Most Watched Shows and Most Watched Networks (Because it's not "Most Watched Shows/Networks of the week/month/year, it's just Most Watched).

tl:dr: The Word Most signifies all time. It's not it's not "Most Watched Shows/Networks of the week/month/year, it's just Most Watched and as such the categories "Most Watched Shows", "Most Watched Networks", and even "Most Watched Genre's" are bugged out.

Talyrius wrote 8 years ago: 1

I agree. Why even display these stats without taking into account everything I've marked as watched?

Talyrius wrote:
I agree. Why even display these stats without taking into account everything I've marked as watched?

I have no idea, which is why I believe this to be a bug.

Talyrius wrote:

According to this website- Your most watched show is gold rush, with a staggering 9 episodes marked. HBO is your most watched network with 15 episodes in total.

Talyrius wrote 8 years ago: 1

Brantank wrote:

According to this website- Your most watched show is gold rush, with a staggering 9 episodes marked. HBO is your most watched network with 15 episodes in total.

Yes, which is absurd. That's not even close to being true.

I want to see more overall stats, not just what was individually marked as watched in the last month.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi guys,

I know this have been requested before, however currently those stats are based on a date you've watched them. Marking an entire show as watched, which takes more than 24 hours to finish is simply not possible for our system to add this to a specific day. Our system does not know when you've watched this series.

I will ask David if it's possible to make 'Most Watched Shows/Channels' to be a seperate item based on your total score like it does with your time spent on watching tv, but for the other remaining stats, I fear this will not be possible.

Thanks!

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

I thought this was answered fairly well in the previous thread, but let me explain again.

Everything on the left panel of the stats page (episodes watched, most watched genres, hours watched, most watched shows, most watched networks) only counts the time span that's selected: the past week, the past month or the past year.

So there is currently no all-time list of most watched shows. If there's a lot of demand for it, we'll definitely consider adding this somewhere! But it would be quite out of place on the existing stats page: the whole page revolves around what you're watching right now (in the past month/year), not what you've watched many years ago. Imagine if you mark an entire show like The Simpsons as watched; it would probably be your #1 all-time watched show indefinitely, even many years after you would stop watching it.

david wrote:
I thought this was answered fairly well in the previous thread, but let me explain again.
Everything on the left panel of the stats page (episodes watched, most watched genres, hours watched, most watched shows, most watched networks) only counts the time span that's selected: the past week, the past month or the past year.
So there is currently no all-time list of most watched shows. If there's a lot of demand for it, we'll definitely consider adding this somewhere! But it would be quite out of place on the existing stats page: the whole page revolves around what you're watching right now (in the past month/year), not what you've watched many years ago. Imagine if you mark an entire show like The Simpsons as watched; it would probably be your #1 all-time watched show indefinitely, even many years after you would stop watching it.

That's what I'm saying. If you watched the entirety of the Simpsons, even though many years may have passed, that doesn't negate the fact that you did watch it. Even though the past week/month/year feature is a great addition, it lacks the foundation of "All-time". You have fancy windows, lights, and wallpaper without the foundation. I doubt there'd be great demand for this, being that people are concerned with other features of the site, but it's still an important part of "Stats". Then again, not many people are concerned with stats like me.

As for the placement of it; It would be aesthetically pleasing to simply add a node/button right next to Past Week/Month/Year. That way you can have your choice of 4 options, rather than 3. As it stands considering stats, you have Ultra Zoomed (week), super zoomed (month) and zoomed (year). A zoom out (All-time) would imo, complete the stats page.

Thanks for your consideration

Talyrius wrote:
Yes, which is absurd. That's not even close to being true.
I want to see more overall stats, not just what was individually marked as watched in the last month.

While I've used the word all-time to make my point, the term "overall" pointed out by Talyrius would be more pleasing to see.

Here's to overall stats *raises glass*

Thomas wrote:
Hi guys,
I know this have been requested before, however currently those stats are based on a date you've watched them. Marking an entire show as watched, which takes more than 24 hours to finish is simply not possible for our system to add this to a specific day. Our system does not know when you've watched this series.
I will ask David if it's possible to make 'Most Watched Shows/Channels' to be a seperate item based on your total score like it does with your time spent on watching tv, but for the other remaining stats, I fear this will not be possible.
Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

If I I saw your stats page right now, on the current largest setting, your "Most Watched show is Pokemon XY" with 170 episodes. Your Second most watched show is battle of Changsha with 32 episodes.

From your personal memory can you confirm that those shows are your 1st and 2nd most watched shows? Chances are, either 1 or both are inaccurate, which is why I thought this to be an error.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Brantank wrote:

Hi Thomas,
If I I saw your stats page right now, on the current largest setting, your "Most Watched show is Pokemon XY" with 170 episodes. Your Second most watched show is battle of Changsha with 32 episodes.
From your personal memory can you confirm that those shows are your 1st and 2nd most watched shows? Chances are, either 1 or both are inaccurate, which is why I thought this to be an error.

It's correct :), nothing wrong about it

Thomas wrote:
It's correct :), nothing wrong about it

I find that a tad bit hard to believe but okay.

Try 30 days of free premium.