Try 30 days of free premium.

Suggestion - Scheduled airtime on show page controls all future episodes

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I was wondering if the airtime on the show page next to Scheduled could be set so that if the show airtimes of a series changes when we change the time it automatically changes the airtimes on any and all future episodes that are already pending. This way we would not have to manually change every episode or maybe forget to even look at all the future episodes and they don't get changed?

I just changed the airtime on a show that was airing at 20:00 to 21:00 and then I had to change 5 future episodes as well separately.

I can't think of any reasons this would not be a good thing? Should 1 or more episodes need to be changed later on this could still be done at that time.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I was wondering if the airtime on the show page next to Scheduled could be set so that if the show airtimes of a series changes when we change the time it automatically changes the airtimes on any and all future episodes that are already pending. This way we would not have to manually change every episode or maybe forget to even look at all the future episodes and they don't get changed?
I just changed the airtime on a show that was airing at 20:00 to 21:00 and then I had to change 5 future episodes as well separately.
I can't think of any reasons this would not be a good thing? Should 1 or more episodes need to be changed later on this could still be done at that time.

Yeh, that sounds like a reasonable idea, but I got no clue how much work this is to code :)

LadyShelley wrote 8 years ago: 1

My only concern is that will change previous air dates that were correct at the time. So if a show starts its first two season airing at 2000, and then moves to 2100 for its last two seasons, you have the wrong time now for the first few years. It's a pain in the posterior to have to manually fix air times (I'm running into that with Magnum PI) however it's does make more sense for accuracy.

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

What about adding airtime to the seasons? (Suggestion, not currently possible)

LadyShelley wrote:
My only concern is that will change previous air dates that were correct at the time. So if a show starts its first two season airing at 2000, and then moves to 2100 for its last two seasons, you have the wrong time now for the first few years. It's a pain in the posterior to have to manually fix air times (I'm running into that with Magnum PI) however it's does make more sense for accuracy.

yes, but Jaguar suggested only to change the airtimes for future episodes, but I think this ain't so easy to code.

gazza911 wrote:
What about adding airtime to the seasons? (Suggestion, not currently possible)

Good idea!

LadyShelley wrote 8 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
yes, but Jaguar suggested only to change the airtimes for future episodes, but I think this ain't so easy to code.

That's the thing though, I think it's an all or nothing sort of situation. I don't think the code can be refined to distinguish. The setting by season might, maybe work depending on how the back end database parses the air date information.

LadyShelley wrote:

No it should not affect previously aired episodes at all. As I said my suggestion is for future episodes therefore the coding would not allow the airtimes on episodes that have aired to change. It is possible to code this as they have used this method at Rage for over 15 years.

JuanArango wrote:
Good idea!

Adding airtime to seasons would not help as the show could still change it's scheduled airtime one or more times each season but thanks for the input anyways.

Here is a GREAT example of having the SHOW airtime control the/change the airtimes on all future episodes. I just now changed or corrected not sure which the airtime for this show "Carnival Eats" from 22:00 to 21:00 - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2410/carnival-eats/episodes. Including tonight's new episode I had to change 4 episode's airtimes. This feature would save time and grief and also avoid having a member forget to look for future episodes to change or see there were way too many episodes to change and not want to do it?

Try 30 days of free premium.