Try 30 days of free premium.

Season Orders

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/612/expedition-unknown

The season order currently brings up the past seasons episode order, which to me makes no sense, the show given above, has 7 episodes in it's new season, but currently it reads as if 20 episodes are running from June 2016. Can it be switched to show the new seasons episode order?

Dragen wrote 8 years ago: 1

What are you talking about?

It lists the seasons and episodes in order (newest first). There are currently 4 episodes added for season 3, which begins airing in june.

Not the episode list, which hasn't been mentioned at all in my original post.

The show Info box on the show's main page.

RaveDave wrote 8 years ago: 1

Dragen wrote:
What are you talking about?
It lists the seasons and episodes in order (newest first). There are currently 4 episodes added for season 3, which begins airing in june.

To put in different terms Dragen, Season 2 has a season order for 20 episodes, Season 3 (which is currently airing) has an episode order for 7 episodes, yet on the show main page, the show info box is showing the 20 episodes as being the episodes ordered rather than the 7 episodes for the current season, the show info box should surely show the episodes ordered total for the latest season.

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I could be wrong here, but this is probably due to the fact that the "current" season as you say hasn't actually started yet; once the next season starts, I imagine it will show the episode order for season 3.

Do you have any examples of this occurring after the first episode of the latest season has been broadcast? [Which would invalidate my theory]

gazza911 wrote:
I could be wrong here, but this is probably due to the fact that the "current" season as you say hasn't actually started yet; once the next season starts, I imagine it will show the episode order for season 3.
Do you have any examples of this occurring after the first episode of the latest season has been broadcast? [Which would invalidate my theory]

No you are right, but we are saying the show is returning when the new season begins. So we have a line of information from season 3, and then on the next line the season order from season 2 :).

LouisWu wrote 7 years ago: 1

This is probably at least partly depending on when during the 'running' of a show you are checking that information. I would like to propose that for shows with more than one season, the show's info explicitly mentions which season the 'Episodes ordered' is actually for. So not just in the accompanying link.

Or maybe the information could be moved or copied to the season info pages. That would have the additional benefit that season orders for previous seasons remain available. Although I do realize that would almost always be the same as the number of episodes that were eventually produced.

dpratt wrote 7 years ago: 1

Why are we limited in only entering 2016, 2017, or 2018 in the "Premiere Year" field when updating Season information?

When you click on a season it won't show the month/year of the season premiere unless you fill out these fields.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
Why are we limited in only entering 2016, 2017, or 2018 in the "Premiere Year" field when updating Season information?
When you click on a season it won't show the month/year of the season premiere unless you fill out these fields.

That is because if it premiered earlier, it gets the date from the added episodes :)

dpratt wrote 7 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
That is because if it premiered earlier, it gets the date from the added episodes :)

No it doesn't actually. :) But that would be a good feature to add. :)

I would suggest allowing premiere year to be entered also in case you need to override the year of the first episode (for example when the first episode is a special.)

Try 30 days of free premium.