Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

MTQueenie wrote 7 years ago: 1

@dpratt you can't really use official sites for cast as they tend to only list current cast. As far as Big Bang Theory are concerned the ones you want removed was indeed main cast in some seasons and are therefor correct.

dpratt wrote 7 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
It can also be that those persons were main cast in a previous season and therefore are not listed as main cast on the cbs website anymore :)

Trust me the CBS cast list is correct. I watch both of these series take it from me.

MTQueenie wrote:
@dpratt you can't really use official sites for cast as they tend to only list current cast. As far as Big Bang Theory are concerned the ones you want removed was indeed main cast in some seasons and are therefor correct.

The names I listed for both shows were never main cast. Just guest cast. Mind you CBS.com agrees with me.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

I will look into both shows tomorrow, promised :)

JuanArango wrote:
I will look into both shows tomorrow, promised :)

Thanks I concede and admit my mistake on Mom but for The Big Bang Theory I checked archive.org and I stick by what I said to remove the following names from Cast.

Kevin Sussman (many appearances throughout the series but still not a main character nor ever listed as cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits.)
Laura Spencer (only a few appearances. Never listed as Cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits. Unless they plan to make her a regular.)
Sara Gilbert (only a few appearances. Never listed as Cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits)

I think whoever added them meant well but were not discerning enough between cast Vs. guest cast.

TomSouthwell wrote 7 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
Thanks I concede and admit my mistake on Mom but for The Big Bang Theory I checked archive.org and I stick by what I said to remove the following names from Cast.
Kevin Sussman (many appearances throughout the series but still not a main character nor ever listed as cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits.)
Laura Spencer (only a few appearances. Never listed as Cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits. Unless they plan to make her a regular.)
Sara Gilbert (only a few appearances. Never listed as Cast. Never appears in opening theme/credits)
I think whoever added them meant well but were not discerning enough between cast Vs. guest cast.

We definately had this debate before when I removed them and was told by either MTQueenie or Pentar, I believe, that they are sometimes credited as show stars.

momijigari wrote 7 years ago: 1

TomSouthwell wrote:
We definately had this debate before when I removed them and was told by either MTQueenie or Pentar, I believe, that they are sometimes credited as show stars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Big_Bang_Theory_characters#Character_appearances

(And on the main wikipage, look at the "Main cast" list, and scroll down to "These actors were first credited as guest stars and later promoted to main cast:" where sources are cited after each actor.)

Unbelievable!!

http://tvline.com/2015/10/12/big-bang-theory-season-9-laura-spencer-series-regular-emily/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-6-spoilers-kevin-sussman-series-regular-364936

http://www.afterellen.com/tv/43902-sara-gilbert-demoted-on-the-big-bang-theory

Exampels:

Season 2, Episode 2: Sara Gilbert is listed as main cast in the credits

Season 6, Episode 1: Kevin Sussman is listed as main cast in the credits

Season 9, Episode 4: Laura Spencer is listed as main cast in the credits

@dpratt are you still gonna claim that you know better than the on-screen credits. So no CBS does not agree with you, as I've already said you can't use offical sites for anything other then current cast, you have to go by the on-screen credits when it comes to former cast members and sorry but in this case I'm correct and you are deadwrong!!

MTQueenie wrote:
Unbelievable!!
http://tvline.com/2015/10/12/big-bang-theory-season-9-laura-spencer-series-regular-emily/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-season-6-spoilers-kevin-sussman-series-regular-364936
http://www.afterellen.com/tv/43902-sara-gilbert-demoted-on-the-big-bang-theory
Exampels:
Season 2, Episode 2: Sara Gilbert is listed as main cast in the credits
Season 6, Episode 1: Kevin Sussman is listed as main cast in the credits
Season 9, Episode 4: Laura Spencer is listed as main cast in the credits
@dpratt are you still gonna claim that you know better than the on-screen credits. So no CBS does not agree with you, as I've already said you can't use offical sites for anything other then current cast, you have to go by the on-screen credits when it comes to former cast members and sorry but in this case I'm correct and you are deadwrong!!

Sara Gilbert appeared in maybe 4 episodes in all of Season Two's 23 episodes. So it's news to me that she was ever main cast in Season 2.

So this begs the question, if someone is credited as starring in a few episodes in the season but not credited as starring for the majority of the episodes in the season, does that make them a regular cast member? I'd still call that a guest star but that's just me. I'll of course go by whatever TVmaze's rules are even if I don't personally agree.

I'm still new here. Just joined a couple months ago.

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
Sara Gilbert appeared in maybe 4 episodes in all of Season Two's 23 episodes. So it's news to me that she was ever main cast in Season 2.
So this begs the question, if someone is credited as starring in a few episodes in the season but not credited as starring for the majority of the episodes in the season, does that make them a regular cast member? I'd still call that a guest star but that's just me. I'll of course go by whatever TVmaze's rules are even if I don't personally agree.

Even though if she appears in just a few episodes, we will follow the opening credits. If she is rated there as main, we simply add her as main.

dpratt wrote:

Yes it does, even if they only appear in one single episode of a show but was billed in that episode as main cast then that is what they are.

Main cast has nothing to do with how many episodes an actor appear in, it is purely a contract issue with the actor. Which is why you can sometimes,like with Sara Gilbert, have a main cast member which only appears in a few episodes or on other shows have someone that is in every single episode but they are only listed as a recurring guest cast. It all depends on what credit they get according to their contract, which is why we should always list cast according to on-screen credits.

Try 30 days of free premium.