Try 30 days of free premium.

Note specials in API?

srob650 wrote 7 years ago: 1

David,

Any chance we could get a new key/value for specials when doing /episodes?specials=1 -- it's helpful to know from the API if we're dealing with a regular episode or a special and because specials share the same season number as regular episodes there's currently no way to determine this.

It could either be only present when the episode is a special or be present in regular episodes too as {special: True}.

david wrote 7 years ago: 1

You can recognize a special by the episode number being NULL. :)

Ok, as long as there's no other scenario where an episode number is NULL that should be sufficient.

Out of curiosity, is it also true that the url naming scheme for special episodes will always contain the word "special"? It seems like that is the case I just want to check.

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

srob650 wrote:
Out of curiosity, is it also true that the url naming scheme for special episodes will always contain the word "special"? It seems like that is the case I just want to check.

If you're planning on checking if the title contains the word special, there's no guarantee that a normal episode doesn't have special in its name.

An example of this would be Top Gear; whilst some of the episodes include "special" as part of the title, they really just denote a specific (external) challenge they're doing and are still classified as standard episodes as part of the series [NOTE: I haven't checked all of them]

Yeah I know, more of a curiosity. I've already added a "special" attribute to the episode class in pytvmaze using Davids suggestion of a missing episode number :)

Try 30 days of free premium.