Try 30 days of free premium.

APi call http://api.tvmaze.com/shows is not showing all available shows

Marcelloh wrote 7 years ago: 1

As an example:

Halcyon is not showing up. It seems that this api call is either not in sync with the show database, or there is something else wrong

Ok, here is my proof:

type in your browser:

http://api.tvmaze.com/shows

and then search for Halcyon: result nothing, so this url (the same I mentioned in the post) is not giving me actual information that is available on the website.

(you could have done this too, instead of giving me a not-helpfull reply)

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Marcelloh wrote:
you could have done this too, instead of giving me a not-helpfull reply

Or you could have properly read what David said...

The shows endpoint uses pages, sorted by id and limited to 250 per page (this is fixed, you can't change it).

Omitting the page number simply returns the first page, not all of them.

Based on the fact that there's 250 shows per page and Halycon's ID, David calculated which page it would be on and provided a link to it; if you open that link and search for Halycon then you'll see it.

P.S It's actually up to 250 shows per page as some shows in that 250 ID range could have been deleted

gazza911 wrote:
Or you could have properly read what David said...
The shows endpoint uses pages, sorted by id and limited to 250 per page (this is fixed, you can't change it).
Omitting the page number simply returns the first page, not all of them.
Based on the fact that there's 250 shows per page and Halycon's ID, David calculated which page it would be on and provided a link to it; if you open that link and search for Halycon then you'll see it.
P.S It's actually up to 250 shows per page as some shows in that 250 ID range could have been deleted

I think, this answer is perhaps the same, but far less cryptic.
in the docs, I read: A list of all shows in our database, with all primary information included.

So I stopped reading there, but obviously, there was some extra info.

I have to read untill I get a 404. Thanks for the patience. Remember, not everybody is a native english reader.
I don't know how to calculate for shows that I don't know they exists, but I guess I just have to read everything, to find out about new shows, that I didn't have in my database.

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Marcelloh wrote:
I think, this answer is perhaps the same, but far less cryptic.
in the docs, I read: A list of all shows in our database, with all primary information included.
So I stopped reading there, but obviously, there was some extra info.
I have to read untill I get a 404. Thanks for the patience. Remember, not everybody is a native english reader.
I don't know how to calculate for shows that I don't know they exists, but I guess I just have to read everything, to find out about new shows, that I didn't have in my database.

If you want to know the number of shows / last show ID from a single lookup so that you don't have to read until 404 you can use:

http://api.tvmaze.com/updates/shows

It's actual usage is to find out when an update last occurred on each ID, however it also works for the purpose of finding the last ID.

Try 30 days of free premium.