Try 30 days of free premium.

.Net Library for TVMaze API

WilliamABradley wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yesterday I worked for 7 straight hours creating a C# wrapper for this API, including all currently available Endpoints, and I don't waste this effort on just myself, so here is my library on GitHub here: https://github.com/WilliamABradley/TVMazeSharp

Feel free to request changes, etc.

Thanks,

William.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hey William,

That's some great work, thanks for your contribution to the community!

We're planning on adding an API showcase page soon, and we'll be sure to include your library there.

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi William,

Bookmarked for the showcase. Thank you for your awesome contribution. We're very grateful.

OmarSabu wrote 8 years ago: 1

Opining the solution using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate I get the following error message:

Unsupported
This version of Visual Studio is unable to open the following projects. The project types may not be installed or this version of Visual Studio may not support them. For more information on enabling these project types or otherwise migrating your assets, please see the details in the "Migration Report" displayed after clicking OK.
- TVMazeAPI, "...\TVMazeSharp-master\TVMazeSharp-master\TVMazeAPI.csproj"

No changes required
These projects can be opened in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 without changing them.
- TVMazeAPI, "...\TVMazeSharp-master\TVMazeSharp-master\TVMazeAPI.sln"

Any suggestions?

WilliamABradley wrote 8 years ago: 1

Sorry, unfortunately this Project file only works in Visual Studio 2015, as it uses Nuget 3.0. This can however be fixed by creating a new Class Library in VS2013, going into Nuget Manager and getting Newtonsoft.Json, and then adding my the Models folder and the class file into the project.

If you do this however, make sure that the Namespaces are the same.

The other way is upgrading to VS2015 Ultimate, or VS2015 Community which is free and supports extensions.

Let me know if you need more help.

-William

OmarSabu wrote 8 years ago: 1

Sorry, unfortunately this Project file only works in Visual Studio 2015, as it uses Nuget 3.0. This can however be fixed by creating a new Class Library in VS2013, going into Nuget Manager and getting Newtonsoft.Json, and then adding my the Models folder and the class file into the project.
If you do this however, make sure that the Namespaces are the same.
The other way is upgrading to VS2015 Ultimate, or VS2015 Community which is free and supports extensions.
Let me know if you need more help.
-William

Well, thanks anyway. I will not be upgrading to VS 2015 anytime soon so, good luck with your project.

nzmike wrote 8 years ago: 1

Great work William! Many thanks for the hours of work you've saved me in my Windows 10 app :-)

Once the API is extended to allow us to get user data there is a lot of potential for doing things like getting a users calendar as well as what epsisode for shows they've watched etc... hoping that's coming soon.

Try 30 days of free premium.