Try 30 days of free premium.

Franklin and Friends - 1 Episode or 2 Episodes per day

JAGUARDOG wrote 7 years ago: 1

I am not familiar with this animated show Franklin and Friendsthat airs on Nick Jr. however I did notice as I was getting ready to add new episodes to it that the format from Season to Season 2 has changed. Season 1 shows 2 New episodes per day under separate episode Numbers. Season 2 has 2 episodes per day under 1 separate episode each day. Should I continue with the way it is in Season 2 or do you wish to split up those episodes before more or added? - http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/10356/franklin-and-friends/episodes

Example - Episode 9 - Apr 20, 2016 Franklin Gets a Hole-in-One; Franklin and the Radio

Should it not be listed like this each episode listed separately? -

Episode 17 - Franklin Gets a Hole-in-One

Episode 18 - Franklin on the Radio

Thank you very much for looking into this for me, Ron.

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

Our policy is quite clear about it. Does it broadcast as one continious episode or does it have credits inbetween both episodes? If that is sorted out, you will have your answer.

If it does have credits inbetween each episode, we should add it as two seperate episodes, however once it contineously airs without any break (credits), it should remain as one episode.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Our policy is quite clear about it. Does it broadcast as one continious episode or does it have credits inbetween both episodes? If that is sorted out, you will have your answer.
If it does have credits inbetween each episode, we should add it as two seperate episodes, however once it contineously airs without any break (credits), it should remain as one episode.

Also if it has two separate credit blocks at the start, it should be added as two episodes :)

Thomas wrote:

Maybe you did not understand me I said "I am not familiar with this animated show" - That means I never saw it before so I don't know anything about it and I am not planning on watching it in the future to see!

If no one else knows than I guess I will continue listing episodes the way they are showing in Season 2?

Also if no one has ever seen this cartoon and no one knows then I would think the site would at least want all episodes to be listed the same way from season to season for uniformity unless no one cares about that?

Maybe next time I find one of these type shows that is not uniform I will spell out everything up front so there are no rude remarks like this:

I know what the policy is on these shows however I have never seen this show before and do not plan on ever watching it. So if anyone knows how there episodes really run please let us know? Otherwise if no one has ever seen this cartoon and no one knows then I would think the site would at least want all episodes to be listed the same way from season to season for uniformity unless no one cares about that?

Does that make it more clear to you?

Now if the site does care about uniformity & consistency I would suggest that policy be amended slightly to incorporate these type of occurrences and they do happen often.

If a animated series has not been seen by anyone and there is no way to determine when the show airs 2 or more episodes in the same time period/slot then the episodes should all be listed the same way for uniformity & consistency and not listed 2 different ways!

tnt wrote 7 years ago: 1

The episodes should be listed separately. Mentioned episodes, for example, have different writers.

proof

tnt wrote:
The episodes should be listed separately. Mentioned episodes, for example, have different writers.
proof

sweet, this is solved then , good work :)

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Maybe you did not understand me I said "I am not familiar with this animated show" - That means I never saw it before so I don't know anything about it and I am not planning on watching it in the future to see!
If no one else knows than I guess I will continue listing episodes the way they are showing in Season 2?

So how could we answer your question if we are not familiar with it either? Is it so hard to investigate it a bit by yourself by looking for videos of it? TNT already gave you an answer, so it is fair to say that they should be splitted.

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

Maybe I'm missing something, but JD's question wasn't, "How should this show be listed?" But essentially: "Why is the show listed two different ways at TVMaze?"

Investigation would solve the former, but it wouldn't resolve the latter. If someone is adding the new episodes incorrectly, no amount of investigation is going to stop them.

Gadfly wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but JD's question wasn't, "How should this show be listed?" But essentially: "Why is the show listed two different ways at TVMaze?"
Investigation would solve the former, but it wouldn't resolve the latter. If someone is adding the new episodes incorrectly, no amount of investigation is going to stop them.

That's kinda a bit of an awkward question coming from him to be honest as he suddenly started to add season 2 as combined episodes himself.....

Gadfly wrote 7 years ago: 1

Since JD's original question was if he should submit them combined or separate, and he made it sound like they were already in the TVMaze database both ways, I'm not sure why that's awkward.

And it looks like the show still has the episodes combined for season 1, and separate for season 2.

Thomas wrote:
So how could we answer your question if we are not familiar with it either? Is it so hard to investigate it a bit by yourself by looking for videos of it? TNT already gave you an answer, so it is fair to say that they should be splitted.

I did as much investigation as I could do myself. I have no clue how to investigate DVD/Videos or where to look. Yes it is fair to say they all should be split up (not splttied is that a word?)

Gadfly wrote:
Since JD's original question was if he should submit them combined or separate, and he made it sound like they were already in the TVMaze database both ways, I'm not sure why that's awkward.
And it looks like the show still has the episodes combined for season 1, and separate for season 2.

Actually it's vice versa. In Season 1 episodes are listed separately and in Season 2 merged by two.

From the edit log it looks like Season 1 was imported from TVDb, one episode per entry, and then JD started adding Season 2 episodes, combining them by two (press-release listing or whatever other reason).

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I did as much investigation as I could do myself. I have no clue how to investigate DVD/Videos or where to look. Yes it is fair to say they all should be split up (not splttied is that a word?)

I found a lot of episodes on YouTube :)

tnt wrote:
Actually it's vice versa. In Season 1 episodes are listed separately and in Season 2 merged by two.
From the edit log it looks like Season 1 was imported from TVDb, one episode per entry, and then JD started adding Season 2 episodes, combining them by two (press-release listing or whatever other reason).

If by JD you mean me then I am oh so very sorry for adding them that way in error as I would never do something like that intentionally to mess up any show. I guess I failed to look at Season 1 episodes how they were listed what a dumb a.. I am!

JAGUARDOG wrote:
If by JD you mean me then I am oh so very sorry for adding them that way in error as I would never do something like that intentionally to mess up any show. I guess I failed to look at Season 1 episodes how they were listed what a dumb a.. I am!

No problem, I will fix it later :)

Try 30 days of free premium.