Try 30 days of free premium.

need help

JayBrown wrote 6 years ago: 1

I guess the thing that makes my post "on topic" is the fact that I'm suggesting that any help facility that may be available should be easier to find. (As of right now, I can't find it at all)

As a Directv subscriber, a contract dispute has my access to our local NBC station in jeopardy. I need an alternative source for their programming. AS of right now, I don't have a clear concept of what I can do with my free membership. I understand the rss concept so if I feel comfortable with this service I will gladly my my $60.00 annual payment.

So, lacking any help, my first and most important question, is how can I select and also save my favorite NBC programs?

A follow up question. I want to view an episode of a program which aired last week. I see the listing for the show, but I don't see how to view the show.

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

Just to be clear, TVMaze does not enable you to watch anything (with or without premium).

TVMaze acts as a way to track your progress on shows you're watching, get information about shows & episodes (including the schedule listing), etc.

momijigari wrote 6 years ago: 1

JayBrown wrote:
I guess the thing that makes my post "on topic" is the fact that I'm suggesting that any help facility that may be available should be easier to find. (As of right now, I can't find it at all)

As a Directv subscriber, a contract dispute has my access to our local NBC station in jeopardy. I need an alternative source for their programming. AS of right now, I don't have a clear concept of what I can do with my free membership. I understand the rss concept so if I feel comfortable with this service I will gladly my my $60.00 annual payment.

So, lacking any help, my first and most important question, is how can I select and also save my favorite NBC programs?

TVmaze is an online tvguide, not a streaming service.

momijigari wrote:
TVmaze is an online tvguide, not a streaming service.

OK, that's starting to come into focus. What's available with the RSS? Does that do what the name implies (allow downloading of selected series and episodes)

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

JayBrown wrote:
OK, that's starting to come into focus. What's available with the RSS? Does that do what the name implies (allow downloading of selected series and episodes)

No, RSS is simply another way of retrieving the episode information (you use software called an RSS Reader to automatically check if there's any new items in the RSS - episode information added - which will alert you about it).

It won't allow you to watch them, nor will any of the other features.

Jan wrote 6 years ago: 1

JayBrown wrote:

Hi Jaybrown,

off topic but it would be useful to understand why you thought that it was possible watch shows on TVmaze. Could you also elaborate on how RSS implies downloading of series and episodes?

Thanks for clarifying.

Try 30 days of free premium.