Try 30 days of free premium.

ABC2 to be re-branded ABC Comedy

BazzaG wrote 6 years ago: 1

I know that I'm a bit early but I'm curious as to what happens when a TV Network is re-branded.

On Dec 04, 2017 the current ABC channel/network ... ABC2:

http://www.tvmaze.com/networks/301/abc2

will be re-launched / re-branded as ABC Comedy.

Does the sites database entry gets changed or just the TV Network "Nickname"? What happens to the shows DB entries that were previously broadcast on ABC2? Some of them, such as Gruen XL, will continue to broadcast on ABC Comedy? While other shows that currently broadcast on the main channel will move to ABC Comedy.

Some more info, new shows and copies of the press release, etc, etc. can be found here:

https://mumbrella.com.au/abc2-rebrands-become-abc-comedy-480408

Cheers...

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

It would be renamed, for example Freeform used to be called ABC Family, Fox Family Channel, etc.

P.S. There's not currently any way to keep track of which shows were aired under the previous names

Hi,

Can someone please update/change ABC2 to ABC Comedy. Thanks.

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

BazzaG wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please update/change ABC2 to ABC Comedy. Thanks.

Performed

Just looking at the Channel summary ... I think some changes should be made. Currently the summary is:

ABC Comedy (formerly ABC2) is a national public digital television multichannel in Australia. Launched on 7 March 2005, it is the responsibility of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's television division, and is available nationally to digital television viewers in Australia. The channel broadcasts a range of original content supplemented with repeats of popular ABC TV programmes, magazine shows, and sport. ABC2 broadcasts from 7pm daily; up until this time the channel's bandwidth is used for the ABC Kids channel for young children.

I think it should be changed to (or something similar):

ABC Comedy (formerly ABC2) is a national public digital television multichannel in Australia. Launched on 4th December 2017, it is the responsibility of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's television division, and is available nationally to digital television viewers in Australia. The channel broadcasts a range of original content supplemented with repeats of popular ABC comedy TV programmes, magazine shows, and sport. ABC Comedy broadcasts from 7.30pm until 2.00am daily; from 5.00am through to 7.30pm the channel's bandwidth is used for the ABC Kids channel for young children.

I really think at least the last sentence in current summary should be changed.

RaveDave wrote 6 years ago: 1

I have changed the summary to:-

ABC Comedy (formerly ABC2) is a national public digital television multichannel in Australia. Originally launched on 7 March 2005 as ABC2, it was rebranded as ABC Comedy on 4th December 2017. ABC Comedy is the responsibility of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's television division, and is available nationally to digital television viewers in Australia. The channel broadcasts a range of original content supplemented with repeats of popular ABC comedy TV programmes. ABC Comedy broadcasts from 7:30pm until 2.00am daily.

Try 30 days of free premium.