Try 30 days of free premium.

Ignore diacritics in search

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 4

Considering the way the search system works, it would be reasonable to automatically ignore accent marks when performing search.

For example looking for "Helene" should return "Hélène" as well.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Considering the way the search system works, it would be reasonable to automatically ignore accent marks when performing search.

For example looking for "Helene" should return "Hélène" as well.

Would searching for "Hélène" return "Helene"? Either search would return results for itself and the other ... sounds good.

+1

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Would searching for "Hélène" return "Helene"? Either search would return results for itself and the other ... sounds good.

+1

Yeah, it should basically map the groups of accented characters to their non-accented base letter, so {è, é, ê, ẽ, ...} would be equal to "e".

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Is it so hard to do?

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

Any chance to deal with it any time soon? At least some reaction would be nice. Considering the number of accented characters in the credits of the most European shows it should really save a lot of time.

FHFbVB1Mkd3 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Actually "Helene Vincent" does return "Héléne Vincent" in main search, just not at "Create Guest Cast". So should be possible at least hehe.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 3

FHFbVB1Mkd3 wrote:
Actually "Helene Vincent" does return "Héléne Vincent" in main search, just not at "Create Guest Cast". So should be possible at least hehe.

More reason to fix this, because it certainly looks like a bug then. Honestly, I haven't tried the main search, my concern is mostly about adding episode credits. Probably I should've specified this from the beginning, but 9 months is more than enough time to ascertain this, if required.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

bump

Try 30 days of free premium.