Try 30 days of free premium.

How to Talk and a question on Title language

taxentaxen wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hi!

I am quite new to contribute. I recently got approved my show request and am willing to contribute.

First, I want to thank a user who approved my request and an editing user who already kindly made some edits.

But I do not see any way to talk to them. I visited each one's talk page.

There lists lots of talks already made, but I do not see 'create a new talk' button or something.

So my question #1 is... how can I talk to other user in one's talk page?

Second question. I did not know until quite recently that non English show was also welcome here.

I now know non English title is preferable when it is original even if alternative English title is available (https://www.tvmaze.com/faq/13/shows).

I know this after I submitted my request.

So...question #2 is... can I really change the title of the show and each episode into other original language?

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

Hi Tax,

Q1: You should be able to write a message on the ''talk page'' of the selected user, in which a tab should appear saying ''Talk to XXX''. If it's not visible, perhaps try a different browser to verify whether it appears to you or not..

Q2: TVmaze is an international database where we try to provide you with as much information and dates about series and actors as possible, but we do rely on our users to contribute too to keep us up to date. In relation to foreign shows, we prefer English titles (if available by network), however I think romanized letters for Asian shows (names, titles) should be preferrably as they usually have a large international database. We've made an exception though for Russian shows. Note that summaries should always be in English for all shows.

And welcome to TVmaze :)

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for spending nearly one hour to make my favorite show's page! I really really appreciate it!

About Q1, I tried firefox, pale moon, Chrome, IE 11, and waterfox so far. Every browser fails me.

I checked my host file, which usually kills some ad domains. Now it allows all domains.

My browser looks like this (top) https://imgur.com/AlbTENw and this (bottom) https://imgur.com/ktn6McZ when I see your talk page.

Where (I mean which position) can I find ''Talk to XXX'' link or button?

About Q2... in short, in my requested show, first comes English title (which is not available as it has not been aired outside of Japan), then secondly romanized Japanese title, and then comes Japanese Kanji mixed title. Is this order correct? In that case, should I put the first title as "Kaisha doko desuka?" (how to put spaces into one sentence is quite difficult to native Japanese, but I will try) instead of "会社どこですか?"? I can think of "Where is your company?" or in this context preferably "What do you do?" but, this is quite unofficial. So I should not to use them, right?

taxentaxen wrote:
Hi Thomas!

Thank you for spending nearly one hour to make my favorite show's page! I really really appreciate it!

About Q1, I tried firefox, pale moon, Chrome, IE 11, and waterfox so far. Every browser fails me.

I checked my host file, which usually kills some ad domains. Now it allows all domains.

My browser looks like this https://imgur.com/AlbTENw and this https://imgur.com/ktn6McZ.

Where (I mean which position) can I find ''Talk to XXX'' link or button?

About Q2... in short, in my requested show, first comes English title (which is not available as it has not been aired outside of Japan), then secondly romanized Japanese title, and then comes Japanese Kanji mixed title. Is this order correct? In that case, should I put the first title as "Kaisha doko desuka?" (how to put spaces into one sentence is quite difficult to native Japanese, but I will try) instead of "会社どこですか?"? I can think of "Where is your company?" or in this context preferably "What do you do?" but, this is quite unofficial. So I should not to use them, right?

If no English name is given by the official network, use the transliterated.. (Kaisha doko desuka?) for this instance I would say, however translating titles yourself to English is not allowed :).

I'll come back to you about that talk page. Will ask the admins.

Thomas wrote:
If no English name is given by the official network, use the transliterated.. (Kaisha doko desuka?) for this instance I would say, however translating titles yourself to English is not allowed :).

I'll come back to you about that talk page. Will ask the admins.

Thank you for all of this and this!

david wrote 4 years ago: 1

The talk functionality should be enabled once you've been cleared at least once for making additional edits. Perhaps you didn't have that yet at the time. Can you see the¨"create talk" button at the bottom of the page now?

david wrote:
The talk functionality should be enabled once you've been cleared at least once for making additional edits. Perhaps you didn't have that yet at the time. Can you see the¨"create talk" button at the bottom of the page now?

He is able to David, he notified me.

david wrote:

I am so sorry for not letting you guys to know that my problems have been cleared out here. It is all right now. Thank you!

Try 30 days of free premium.